Respected Contributor

The Palace Papers was recommended to me. I'm not a royals watchers but the book sounded interesting. Has anyone read it and is it just gossipy or true?

thanks for any opinions!

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up this book in a Sams Club and couldn't put it down....so I bought it. It is clearly a bit gossipy and who knows how much of it is true? I read much of it -- but with a "grain of salt." I don't take this type of writing too seriously but it was fun reading (with that in mind).

Respected Contributor

Go to goodreads.com and you will see how it's rated in all of the reviews. Goodreads is priceless for deciding whether to read a book or not. 

Honored Contributor

I read it since I'm into all things English, history, etc.

Not just a rehash like most of them gives more information.

Enjoyed it !

Now we got a book called 'Revenge' by Tom Bower that is suppose to get down and dirty. Then, later on, end of yr. Price Harry has his own book coming out.

Good year for me.

animated-thumb-image-0001.gif

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I read it since I'm into all things English, history, etc.

Not just a rehash like most of them gives more information.

Enjoyed it !

Now we got a book called 'Revenge' by Tom Bower that is suppose to get down and dirty. Then, later on, end of yr. Price Harry has his own book coming out.

Good year for me.

animated-thumb-image-0001.gif

i would have a hard time trusting any book by Harry, now that he's been influenced by Megan Markel. Now, the revenge book sounds fun.

Honored Contributor

I spent at least an hour reading Revenge on Amazon's "look inside" preview the other morning. I had to leave, so I plan to come back to it this weekend. I don't know when the preview will end, but I will definitely read the book somehow. 

It had a lot of interesting background in it and comments from people who knew Meghan when.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I recently finishedPalace Papers.  I enjoyed it. I have read a lot about the Royals and found there was enough new information in this to be interesting.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I read something the other day that a few people Tom Bower interviewed felt he either exaggerated what they told him or just plain mischaracterized a couple situations.  You've probably seen the comments already.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure he built it up to sell books. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but, I'm not a meghan lover. Used to be, bought into the fairy tale. Tide has turned for me made up my own mind wasn't influenced by the press.

Honored Contributor

I bought this for my kindle because it was 2.99 on sale.It was interesting, but no one comes out looking good, not even the Queen. The whole Charles and Camilla story is beyond tawdry, and they are all less than admirable. It was worth the 2.99. It does seem to be well researched.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan