Honored Contributor

"The Art Of Racing In The Rain"

Love this book. Told from the viewpoint of Enzo, a wonderous dog. It's hard to explain how memorable and touching it is.

I understand it was made into a movie with Kevin Costner voicing Enzo.

I got it on my Kindle. You can get a sample to check it out. That's how I got hooked.

It will touch you, make you laugh, smile and weep. There is a joyousness that is hard to describe.

I highly recommend it, whether you are a "dog lover" or not!

Honored Contributor

Re: "The Art Of Racing In The Rain"

I read this book when it first came out several years ago and still remember how much I liked it.  

Trusted Contributor

One of my all-time favorite books ever!

Super Contributor

One of my very favorites!!!
Respected Contributor

I loved the book (read it years ago), but wasn't as crazy about the movie.  Glad you are enjoying it!

Frequent Contributor

I also read this book a number of years ago and loved it. We adopted a dog a few years ago and named him Enzo after the dog in this book.

Honored Contributor

@Nutzy Oh I love that! And it brought me up short at the end when Denny met the little boy named Enzo. You just KNEW, just as Enzo had dreamed of his soul coming back as a man. I cried my eyes out.

Regular Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I read this book when it first came out several years ago and still remember how much I liked it.  

Me too.  I LOVED it! 

Regular Contributor

My favorite book e.v.e.r.

I've never cried while reading a book but I was in tears at the end of this one.

I've read it many times and love it each time I read it.

I didn't want to see the movie.  I didn't think it would do justice to the book.

Super Contributor

@hick wrote:

My favorite book e.v.e.r.

I've never cried while reading a book but I was in tears at the end of this one.

I've read it many times and love it each time I read it.

I didn't want to see the movie.  I didn't think it would do justice to the book.

I just watched this movie yesterday on cable, and it was the only time I cried within the first 2 minutes of the movie.  I then proceeded to cry mid-movie, and again at the end!