Honored Contributor

This book debuted last month .... James Petterson and Bill Clinton co-authored it.

Has anyone read it .... and what did you think?  I'd love a book review.

TIA!!

Contributor

Re: "THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING"

I did read it. I was unsure of buying it, thinking it would be more Bill Clinton's writing then James Patterson's but, couldn't find anything else to read so I  bought it. It took a little while to get into it but I was pleasantly surprised. I really did end up enjoying the book. It is definitely typical James Patterson. I think you will be surprised by it as well.

Honored Contributor

I tried to read it and couldn't.  I tried to listen to it and that was even worse--Dennis Quaid narrates.

It's sort of the "If I Did It' of the Oval Office, ascribing high minded motives to decisions etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've only read a few excerpts.  Not sure I'd buy it.

There are a few good reads out there now by Timothy Snyder and Malcolm Nance.  Both are excellent writers and their books are worth reading.

Honored Contributor

Political thrillers are too confusing for me. I used to read many books by James Patterson but these collaborations with other authors don't appeal to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a non fiction reader so I am not sure I would enjoy it. 

Valued Contributor

I read it and enjoyed it.  It's longer than most James Patterson novels and was nit as fast a read as many of his.  I used to live I. D.C. and enjoyed the references to the city.  I read a lot of thrillers and at least I didn't figure out the ending half way through the book

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG  He does a collaberation with an author the subject of the books is a New York detective.  He and his wife adopted 13 children of various ethnic backgrounds and ages.  Wife passes away.  Enter an Irish nanny.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and highly recommend.  More than a few books.

Regular Contributor

I read this one back at the beginning of June, but here is my quick review that I shared then...

The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton - I was super interested in this before its release and pre-ordered the kindle version. I found the plot and writing to be okay. I felt like it started out strong and then kind of petered out at the end. I enjoyed the political thriller, but the writing duo doesn't compare to powerhouses like David Baldacci and Tom Clancy!

I am interested in hearing what you thought of the book!

Honored Contributor

I did not like it--I saw it talked about on TV and thought it might be an interesting read, but I was wrong.