Esteemed Contributor

Re: "THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING"

It's not really my type of book, but I had put myself on the wait list when it first came out, and finally got it. I started it and had no patience so I returned it.

I may try it again when the waiting list goes away.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Political thrillers are too confusing for me. I used to read many books by James Patterson but these collaborations with other authors don't appeal to me.

I'm with @AuntG on two out of three. I do like political thrillers but don't read Patterson and don't like collaborations.  

I'm not sure who benefits more through the collaboration.  At the root I think it's about money for the established author and getting known (although not in this case) by the collaborator.

I do not see this type of collaboration the same as, for example, an autobiography written "with" someone else. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a book titled "The President Is Missing?"  I wish.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian

LOL !!    Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

I got the kindle version through my local library and I enjoyed it.  It's a typical James Patterson type of book.  I'm sure Bill Clinton gave a lot of insite into the functioning of the White House and Secret Service.  The scary part was that something like that could really happen and the current guy in the White House could never have pulled it off.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy a good political thriller.  I have no interest in this book.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian

Yes!  

Esteemed Contributor

I read it several weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised. I did not know what to expect.I found the details in the book (The Presidency) all Bill Clinton and the can't wait to turn to the next page all James Patterson. I really enjoyed the book.  

I read a lot and I would say that for me it's been my best book find for 2018. 

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. 

Valued Contributor

I tried reading it but after a few chapters I just quit. I guess I'm not into political story lines. I do love James Patterson though.