Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Easy pass for me. I had never heard of him until this thread. 

For those who will be reading, enjoy. I am sure that it will be a compelling story. 

Why is it an easy pass?  You state you never heard about him maybe you should read his book. It might enlighten your outlook on life. This comment is so unnecessary.

Valued Contributor

Re: "Saved" is #1 on Amazon

[ Edited ]
Not interested either. Don't know who he is. JMO 🙂
Frequent Contributor

@sugar plum 

Benjamin Hall is a foreign correspondent who was critically injured in Ukraine in the early days of the war.  Two colleagues who were with him were both killed in the attack.  Mr. Hall is strictly a news reporter, his coworkers one of which was his cameraman and a young Ukrainian woman aspiring reporter who was working as their interpreter both died.  The only reason Mr Hall survived was a former US Special Forces working with Save our Allies was able to extricate Mr Hall.   There are truly special people in the world who do extraordinary things and survive brutal experiences.   Perhaps we can all agree that some folks deserve honor.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@elated wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Easy pass for me. I had never heard of him until this thread. 

For those who will be reading, enjoy. I am sure that it will be a compelling story. 

Why is it an easy pass?  You state you never heard about him maybe you should read his book. It might enlighten your outlook on life. This comment is so unnecessary.

I was not looking for arguments.. IMHO, the term "easy pass" is a terminology that makes little or no sense.  Anger only exists when people look for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN Yes, I remember when that happened. Thanks. Tragic.

Honored Contributor

Why should anyone have to explain why they find something an easy pass? Isee it all the time on other boards. Are you purchasing the TSV? no, not interested, easy pass for me......I don't see anything wrong with saying that.....It is not demeaning, it just means you are not interested in the itme or subject, or whatever? I saw it a lot on the Are you going to read Prince Harry's book!!!!!

Just my opinion! 

Valued Contributor
@Stelladorable wrote:

"This entire forum is becoming an easy pass too. The trolling has reached levels that make conversation about books impossible."

I agree. Because of this, I've decided to stop posting. Not worth it for me. JMO
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic/ attempting to change topic of thread

Valued Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
@Stelladorablewrote:

"This entire forum is becoming an easy pass too. The trolling has reached levels that make conversation about books impossible."

I agree. Because of this, I've decided to stop posting. Not worth it for me. JMO

You shouldn't. Just let the QVC moderators handle it. This is a big board. There are so many friendly and genuinely knowledgeable people here who have great insight. I've got 3 books on my wish list based on recommendations from this forum!