Respected Contributor

It and The Stand are my two very fave SK novels. The man is a genius.

Esteemed Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

IT  is one of Stephen King's best - he is excellent. 11/22/63 is my favorite of his. 

@sassenach1 11/22/63 is my favorite as well!  I've read almost every book of his (I never read the Dark Tower series or The Green Mile series, and there were a few others I had no interest in), but 11/22/63 was totally amazing. I subscribed to Hulu just so I could watch the 8-episode mini-series, and I'm happy to say it was excellent as well. 

There were other books that came close, but I can't imagine I'll ever love a book of his more. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@sassenach1 wrote:

IT  is one of Stephen King's best - he is excellent. 11/22/63 is my favorite of his. 

@sassenach1 11/22/63 is my favorite as well!  I've read almost every book of his (I never read the Dark Tower series or The Green Mile series, and there were a few others I had no interest in), but 11/22/63 was totally amazing. I subscribed to Hulu just so I could watch the 8-episode mini-series, and I'm happy to say it was excellent as well. 

There were other books that came close, but I can't imagine I'll ever love a book of his more. 

@sunalaSo glad you love it, too!  I've read many of his over the years, but this is his best by far. 

A colleague and fellow book lover and I were talking last week.  It's also one of his favorites.  Just an outstanding book!

Honored Contributor

Photo for the new Stephen King Pennywise of the remake of IT.  Not sure when it will be released but I think I like Tim Curry better.

Related image

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have been reading Stephen King's books for years, I am a fan obviously and have enjoyed each and every book.  "It" is among his top books as far as the scare factor is concerned.  In fact they made a tv series years ago based on It and are now putting out another series soon.  

The Shining was among the first books I read and it scared me, I had to read it during the day and can still remember how I couldn't wait to find time to read the book which is a sign of a well written story for me.  When the movie came out I was disappointed as it did not have the  affect on me as reading the book and my imagination.  Another favorite, Salem's Lot, was a great read and the made for tv movie just as good!  

Enjoy your reading time and if you like this type of thriller/horror, King is among the best writers!

Regular Contributor

Yikes!  The old Pennywise was as creepy as all get out but this new one would probably make me sleep with the lights on for the rest of my life!   Almost 62 and still impressionable...