Respected Contributor

I have avoided this in the past for I heard it was long and it was murder reading the Dark Tower series.  I am so glad I am reading it. I am 20%  in.  Its the best King book I read to date.  He devotes a lot of time in developing the characters, more so than his other books I read.

Super Contributor

I may give it a try as I have no books on deck for summer reading .....

Honored Contributor

Re: "IT" by Stephen King.

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz one of my faves by King.....skeered the bejeezus out of me!  Also love the Bachman Books and The Talisman and Salem's Lot!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

Back in the day, I was in the Navy in Hawaii,  I worked shift work and was reading IT by Stephen King.   It got too scarey for me.   So I gave it to my boyfriend to take back to his ship to put in the ship''s library.   This book made me ask,  Where does Stephen King get his ideas for writing books?   To this day I never finished reading IT.

Honored Contributor

@Tallgal Early 90's...I was reading It when I worked nights at a women's shelter....I was the only employee up/there.....everyone was asleep.....scary!  King would probably be in a mental institution if he didn't write!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor
Read "It" back when it was first published. Never looked at Ronald McDonald the same. Really scary book. But I loved it.
Honored Contributor

Re: "IT" by Stephen King.

[ Edited ]

It is and I still have the VHS on tape of the two night series with Tim Currey.  I still watch from time to time.  Great book and movie. 

Related image

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I agree with you.  One of his best!

Esteemed Contributor

It was an incredible book. I couldn't read it fast enough. 

As I was reading, I was able to visualize everything in my fertile imagination, but when I saw the original movie, it blew me away. Pennywise scared the **** out of me!! 

Stephen King is the master!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

It was an incredible book. I couldn't read it fast enough. 

As I was reading, I was able to visualize everything in my fertile imagination, but when I saw the original movie, it blew me away. Pennywise scared the **** out of me!! 

Stephen King is the master!

I did not know what was scarier Pennywise or knowing this was the same actor who did "Rocky Horror Picture Show"?  What a difference in acting.  You are so right @sunala great book and movie.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."