Esteemed Contributor

Re: new book by Ronan Farrow

@Sooner wrote:

@sunala wrote:

So many unanswered questions regarding Matt Lauer and the woman he supposedly ra*ped. If it's true that he did, then WHY did she go back to his room the next day and continued their affair?

I'm not saying Matt Lauer didn't do everything he was accused of, but women do have to take responsibility for their actions as well.

And there's something about Ronan Farrow that doesn't lay right with me. I just have a feeling about him.

And, he looks very much like Mia Farrow and her father John. I think he makes himself resemble Frank Sinatra, and took on several of his tics and his attributes.

Too many unanswered questions...

@sunala Well you and I have exactly the same thoughts on this.  I agree with everything you said 100 percent. 

Hi @Sooner - thanks so much for your input. I thought I was going to get criticized for my comments. I just have a funny feeling about Ronan Farrow.  I just don't see him as the "golden boy" many others do. He is kind of sleazy to me, and I don't believe every golden word that tumbles out of his mouth. His mother, Mia Farrow, is a wackadoodle, and I think she could have influenced him in a big way. I'm sure he had a DNA test to find out who his real father is, but I don't believe it's Frank Sinatra, which is neither here nor there.

And as far as Matt Lauer goes, yes he is a disgusting sleaze; however, when women go to a man's hotel room, they're not visiting him to play checkers. She said he raped her, but she came back to continue their affair. So what's with that?

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Have a great night.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala Well, we'll probably be on the hot seat, but agree with you on it all!  

Esteemed Contributor

My curiosity got the best of me so downloaded and began reading last night. So far it appears well researched but we shall see.  No feeling one way or the other about Farrow but as always everyone is entitled to their opinion without being put on the "hot seat"Heart

Esteemed Contributor

The (let’s call her) Lauer woman said in her statement it was a transactional relationship. So I don’t understand why she’s a victim.  They both gave and got. 

I don’t have a real opinion about Ronan Farrow. I’m glad he brought Weinstein et. al. to light.  I just wish the women hadn’t been so willing to take on the victim label. Would have respected them more if they’d said, “Yes, I participated and I’m ashamed but felt I didn’t have a choice because ....” And I’d like to hear how they would have finished that sentence. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I don't understand how women who keep going back are victims.  And don't say they had to do it to keep their jobs. There are lot of people out here who quit jobs because of things they are "asked" to do; immoral, illegal, underhanded, mean or otherwise.

If you are using affairs to get ahead, especially at work, it is wrong and you and only you are responsible. 

Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't understand how women who keep going back are victims.  And don't say they had to do it to keep their jobs. There are lot of people out here who quit jobs because of things they are "asked" to do; immoral, illegal, underhanded, mean or otherwise.

If you are using affairs to get ahead, especially at work, it is wrong and you and only you are responsible. 

So read the book and preferrably take some psychology classes. You say don't understand. Time to broaden your horizons. 

Frequent Contributor

It's time for women to stop shaming other women and read more about how these things happen, why they aren't reported contemporaneously, and how women are only in recent years beginning to have the courage to tell their stories.

Esteemed Contributor

@IntoSkincare wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

So read the book and preferrably take some psychology classes. You say don't understand. Time to broaden your horizons. 

@IntoSkincare Let’s put it another way. Instead of not understanding let’s ask WHY women who keep going back are victims. 

Also, not reporting contemporaneously and continuing to participate are different things. 

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

I am currently reading and I am with Ronan Farrow 100%. He is extremely professional, intelligent, and articulate in both his writing and his TV interviews. Unless you have walked in the shoes of these women, you have no right to judge them. They went through hell.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Esteemed Contributor

Not judging and not buying what they’re selling.  

Although someone did. The Lauer woman got a $1M+ settlement. 

Keepin' it real.