Esteemed Contributor

I’ve only heard a little about it.  I’m going to read more about it and may read it. The title is Catch and Kill

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: new book by Ronan Farrow

@esmerelda It's all over the news this week. Check out the front page of the NY Post. I've heard more than enough about the sleazy behavior and dirty dealings of famous people and media corporations. I think I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I just pulled up the response Matt Lauer penned against the female coworker! It was brutal to read. My inclination is to believe her (she's 35 so would have been quite young in 2004 when the attack allegedly happened), yet he must feel it is worth it to explain his side. I feel so sorry for his children.

Respected Contributor

I have developed a respect for Ronan Farrow ....his writing and

his demeanor when I see him interviewed ....good work ....

Regular Contributor

I do not know why anyone would want to read this book but just to clarify, do believe the incidents/alleged affair/assaults began in 2014 at the Sochi Olympics, not 2004.

Honored Contributor

Re: news book by Ronan Farrow

Sorry for putting wrong year @bakergirl . Somehow 2004 was in my mind and I even thought she was pretty young back then.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: news book by Ronan Farrow

I didn’t read all of what Matt Lauer wrote. I did hear some excerpts from it. I’m glad he wrote it. It’s always good to have both sides of a story.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that I know Russians were hired to intimidate the author, it's become a must-read.  I want to support the acts of speaking truth to power.

My error, the hired spys were Israel based but networked across Europe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2beHow do you "know" Russians were hired to intimidate the author?  Hired by whom?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

He spoke about it in an interview.  I got the impression it was Harvey Weinstein that hired them but I wasn't listening closely at that moment.  I have the book now, just began reading last night.