Honored Contributor

Re: has anyone read Spare yet?

@Free2be wrote:

If only the wise ladies here could have a face-to-face sit down with Harry to set him straight with their corrective, perceptive insight. There's nothing like saying it in person, given his confusions and missteps. It is clear from reading these enlightening posts that he could actually rehabilitate himself with direct help from these discerning very knowledgeable snippet readers. Probably an hour appointment would suffice if they wouldn't talk all over one another while he politely listened.

@Free2be I'm sure many of the readers could tell Harry what a life of hardship and abuse was like from their perspective; be it homelessness, poverty, discrimination of the worst kind, a violent spouse, living in a dangerous neighborhood, being alone and broke, or lack of education, money and hope.

And those same readers, many of them would say but there were people I knew who were worse off then me.

When you look around, when you have lived or think about the tragic lives of others you've known, doesn't so many of his gripes say "petty" at the least?  Lots of people have hard lives and go on to live well and at peace.  He doesn't need a book, he needs a perspective and some gratitude.  Things like complaining about being stuck close to the help in a small room just seem a little off. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting to hear so many former royal staff members and others contradict several incidents, etc. in the book because they were present during the incidents. Harry has said his truth is the only one that really matters, so what he writes cannot be disputed. I guess that's a way to justify your comments? 

Valued Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
Free2be getting advice from a message board cannot be any worse than how he is leading his life right now. Somehow I doubt he would be polite in listening to suggestions. After all Harry and Meghan know best.

@lgfan I think getting advice  from a message board would be helpful to him.  He'd get lots of suggestions, advice & perspectives from all kinds of people.  Right now he's a puppet with his wife pulling the strings.  He would do well to get some objective views & ideas from people who don't see him as a cash cow.. & make him aware of how fortunate he is & how much he has to be thankful & grateful for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Interesting to hear so many former royal staff members and others contradict several incidents, etc. in the book because they were present during the incidents. Harry has said his truth is the only one that really matters, so what he writes cannot be disputed. I guess that's a way to justify your comments? 

There is a Newsweek article, not a tabloid. @Trailrun23   That challenges what he told Oprah, vs what he writes in his book. The timelines don’t match up. He even admits he might be paranoid (he made this statement in reference to the charge that the royal family was jealous of Meghan.)

He is paranoid, and he has a bias against the press. Is it justified? Probably from a child’s perspective. He always saw them a large, looming, and intrusive.  Then his mother dies in a horrific crash, and he believes they killed her. Now he has projected this onto Meghan, and he believes they wont stop until she is dead (those are his words) Does this seem reasonable to anyone?

Esteemed Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@lgfan wrote:
Free2be getting advice from a message board cannot be any worse than how he is leading his life right now. Somehow I doubt he would be polite in listening to suggestions. After all Harry and Meghan know best.

@lgfan I think getting advice  from a message board would be helpful to him.  He'd get lots of suggestions, advice & perspectives from all kinds of people.  Right now he's a puppet with his wife pulling the strings.  He would do well to get some objective views & ideas from people who don't see him as a cash cow.. & make him aware of how fortunate he is & how much he has to be thankful & grateful for. 

He needs to work through the trauma and grief. @tipsy  That will help him find peace. The press did not kill his mother. The drunk driver is responsible for that. I am sure a speeding car with Diana in it was even more exciting to the paparazzi. As for taking photos of her dying in the back seat of the car. It is disturbing that anyone would cross that boundary. It is a disgrace.

He was damaged by these events. He needs help sorting everything out and putting it into perspective. Most of us can do that as adults. Many like Harry can’t, so they need an intervention. Early intervention would have probably quelled a lot of these illogical thoughts. He can still find peace with the right therapist.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

There is a Newsweek article, not a tabloid. @Trailrun23   That challenges what he told Oprah, vs what he writes in his book. The timelines don’t match up. He even admits he might be paranoid (he made this statement in reference to the charge that the royal family was jealous of Meghan.)

He is paranoid, and he has a bias against the press. Is it justified? Probably from a child’s perspective. He always saw them a large, looming, and intrusive.  Then his mother dies in a horrific crash, and he believes they killed her. Now he has projected this onto Meghan, and he believes they wont stop until she is dead (those are his words) Does this seem reasonable to anyone?

And she played right into that fear by telling him she wanted to kill herself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The articles mentioned citing the timeline problems say  that when Will complained about Meghan's bullying behavior and her rudeness etc., Harry responded that he was parroting the press - but the press didn't pick up on her issues until months later when they started calling her "Duchess Difficult."  And Harry admits that staff were very upset during this time period that Will  referenced - crying, leaving etc.

And all this was before the Australian trip which Harry claims sparked the jealousy.

Valued Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

Can't believe this cr*p is still going on in the Book Club!

eta.  I was referring to the trolling. Not the book!

The thread is pretty much left to the trolling now. The participants can talk and mock and demean freely on this topic on another message board. But it's an echo chamber. No disagreement. So they come here intentionally to stir the pot to see who they can hook into an argument. 

I've contacted the moderators several times. They do remove individual posts, but I'm sure have limited time to read an entire thread to see where the trolls came in and took over. I've seen posts removed on other threads for "changing the tone". I guess they figure there can't possibly be trouble in Book Club, so they aren't looking for it either.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
@Puppy LipsI like the quote and it’s pretty clear to me. This thread is entitled, "say anyone read Spare yet?" If you haven't read it then why are you here? Simple as that. For people who don't understand the question the OP was asking then the quote is appropriate. IMO

@sugar plum We are all free to read and comment on any thread we chose.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead