Trusted Contributor

please check with yourstate and see if they have  a library for the blind.  oir state offers servicesfor those with low vision such as boooks on cd ect.  you may or may not need a letter from you eye dr to receive these services.

i have bought checkbook registers, clocks ect from them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: for those with low vision

Books on tape were the salvation for my mother’s cousin.  She was an avid reader her whole life, but eventually her macular degeneration left her legally blind.  Every time I visited, she had stacks of tapes of books that brought her so much enjoyment.

Respected Contributor

Re: for those with low vision

@PamfromCT wrote:

Books on tape were the salvation for my mother’s cousin.  She was an avid reader her whole life, but eventually her macular degeneration left her legally blind.  Every time I visited, she had stacks of tapes of books that brought her so much enjoyment.

I wished my parents were readers when they were alive since they both had macular degeneration (my Dad was basically legally blind -- they didn't catch his in time and my mom's was dry and she still drove right before she died) and they could have benefited from this wonderful idea.