Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this before, but what a fun way to encourage reading!

I have seen a lot of posts about shy kids practicing their reading to shelter animals.  Heart

Will you participate this year?

Honored Contributor

I haven’t heard about this either but I can read aloud that day to anyone or anything that will listen. 🙂🐈🐈👨🏼

Honored Contributor

I know the local schools do something to commemorate Dr Seuss, usually by reading one of his books aloud, not sure if I've ever heard of this.    Reading is so important.

Another great opportunity to connect with young children.

When my daughter was in her last year of elementary school, she partnered with a kindergarten student.    I know reading to her was one of their activities.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Reading to persons in nursing homes is beneficial also.

Respected Contributor

Reading aloud is vital.

I taught literature for 25+ years, and always had students read aloud. Even if it was just a small paragraph, it was an accomplishment and also helped with understanding the story/poem/account.

Good readers gradually became excellent as they got past the obstacles of stumbling or skipping over words.

These days, I have two senior readers theatre groups who read plays aloud. I LOVE IT.

Valued Contributor

@insomniac2

I also taught literature and encouraged my students to read aloud passages that they found confusing.  Often I read the beginning of an assignment during the last five minutes of class.