Valued Contributor

World Book Day Today, 4/24 on Amazon

Hello Readers!

Just wanted to write a quick post about this World Book Day going on right now on Amazon. There are 9 books for the Kindle by authors around the world at no charge. You can choose what you want, one or all nine. Just click on the banner that says World Book Day, and you can check each one over just as you normally would.

One of them is a child's book for ages 6-8, and the other 8 are all very different from each other. I downloaded them all except the child's story. They looked good to me, and if any one of them ends up a dud it doesn't matter.

Hope you'll find something you love if you decide to check them out. So many posters are so kind to post reviews or great finds that I'm thrilled to be able to do so today! Hope you'll find a gem! pinky

Respected Contributor

Re: World Book Day Today, 4/24 on Amazon

@pinky ann wrote:

Hello Readers!

Just wanted to write a quick post about this World Book Day going on right now on Amazon. There are 9 books for the Kindle by authors around the world at no charge. You can choose what you want, one or all nine. Just click on the banner that says World Book Day, and you can check each one over just as you normally would.

One of them is a child's book for ages 6-8, and the other 8 are all very different from each other. I downloaded them all except the child's story. They looked good to me, and if any one of them ends up a dud it doesn't matter.

Hope you'll find something you love if you decide to check them out. So many posters are so kind to post reviews or great finds that I'm thrilled to be able to do so today! Hope you'll find a gem! pinky

@pinky annI clicked through all the banners and it wasn't there.  Just as well, since I probably wouldn't have downloaded any since I have tons of books (print and on my Ipad that I haven't read yet but thanks for letting me know. 

Valued Contributor

@SWEET 

You're welcome! I found this info when looking at some other books in the Kindle Store. It's just a colorful banner, clicking on it brings up the titles available and you can check them as usual to see if you're interested or not.

Have fun with all the titles you already have. I have a few myself that are waiting for me, but really thought it would be nice to check out  these new options.  pinky

Esteemed Contributor

I downloaded one of the mysteries on their list for World Book Day. If I don't care about the book, it's no loss since it was free. Doesn't hurt to check out new titles sometimes. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

@teganslaw  Hope you like the book you chose. I thought the same thing. Nothing to lose, maybe a new author to read... Thanks for posting. pinky

Valued Contributor

@SWEET   Thanks for posting about the Amazon World Book Day offer.  Like @pinky ann I coudn't find the books for a while.  I think I just got lucky with my searching.

Respected Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@SWEET   Thanks for posting about the Amazon World Book Day offer.  Like @pinky ann I coudn't find the books for a while.  I think I just got lucky with my searching.

@pateacher 

Actually it wasn't me who found it.  It was the originator of this post @pinky ann.