Esteemed Contributor

Wondering if I am the only one who does this.

Whenever I love certain authors, for example John Sanford (76). I always google to see what their age is. I enjoy their books so much that I don't wish for them to die.

I selfishly want to keep reading their books and characters that they have created. 

Yikes!! I know who does that. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Wondering if I am the only one who does this.

@icezeus  Lee Child is bringing his brother in to write some books with him & then leaving the Jack Reacher series to his brother. That is odd to me.

Not sure how I feel about that. 

Not the same thing, but you know....

Valued Contributor

@Dusty1 I read an interview with Lee Child about the Reacher series.  He was very tired of Reacher and wanted to end it for a long time.  He decided to turn it over to his brother and be done.

Esteemed Contributor

I do this, too, and I also enjoy Sanford. Hubs likes C.J.Box - around his age and Nelson DeMille -- older than him. I was sad Dorthea Benton Frank and poet Mary Oliver passed recently. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

@icezeus LOL. I understand completely.  My favorite author is Diana Gabaldon and I always hope that she will live long enough to complete the Outlander series and all the other books she has planned.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Honored Contributor

One of my favorite books are The Cat Who... books by Lillian Jackson Braun who died at the age of 97.

I was so sad to read that.

So I just keep re-reading her books over and over again!Woman LOL

I never get tired of them.  I just enjoy her writing so much.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Whenever I love certain authors, for example John Sanford (76). I always google to see what their age is. I enjoy their books so much that I don't wish for them to die.

I selfishly want to keep reading their books and characters that they have created. 

Yikes!! I know who does that. 

I have not done that, but I certainly know what you mean. I was so sad when Rosamund Pilcher passed away. Her books were so well written that you honestly felt like you were in some of the locations. Her plots were so simple, but they were so well written that they were real page turners.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If I really love a book, I at times will look them up and see what other books they have and also look up facts about them.

When Maeve Binchy passed away, I was just so sad!  I felt like she was a close friend.  Her books were amazing and I have never found a writer that I enjoyed so much.  She seemed like a dear, dear person and I always wished that I could have met her.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I have a lot of her books!  I went through a period where I read nothing but those books. I was going through a bad time in my life and these stories just took my mind off of things!  I had forgotten about them.  I have quite a few in my bookcase and I may just have to revisit them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

If I really love a book, I at times will look them up and see what other books they have and also look up facts about them.

When Maeve Binchy passed away, I was just so sad!  I felt like she was a close friend.  Her books were amazing and I have never found a writer that I enjoyed so much.  She seemed like a dear, dear person and I always wished that I could have met her.  

I felt that way when Catherine Cookson died. She was my favorite author. Loved Maeve Binchy, too.