Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite book series is the Wishing Rock series from Pam Stucky.  It is just a nice story and makes for easy reading.  There are three books in the series:

Letters from Wishing Rock, Wishing Rock The Theory of Life, and The Tides of Wishing Rock. 

Sometimes it is difficult to find just good fiction for a summer day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

One of my favorite book series is the Wishing Rock series from Pam Stucky.  It is just a nice story and makes for easy reading.  There are three books in the series:

Letters from Wishing Rock, Wishing Rock The Theory of Life, and The Tides of Wishing Rock. 

Sometimes it is difficult to find just good fiction for a summer day.

@SXMGirl

Without revealing all the plot lines, etc., can you give a brief description of what these books are about?  I'm in the process of looking for some new books.  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, I have just started re-reading this series, something that I rarely do.

Just go get you started, Wishing Rock is part of an island in the Pacific Northwest.   The main character is Ruby, a young woman who has just broken up with her fiancee.  She moves to the island to make a change and everyone on the island lives in the same building.  The books are about the interactions of the residents of this building.

The book starts out with Ruby texting her grandmother, who is planning a trip to Ireland and maybe looking for a young guy.  In that text, Ruby texts that someone in the building has left her a mac and cheese casserole and she is wondering who would do that and if it was poisoned.  She texts her dad about the poisoning, he does not see the text until later and then wonders if she is still alive. 

I am not doing a good job of explaining, but I will say that I never seem to forget these books.  If you can get the first one for free, I would encourage you to at least download it and see if it appeals to you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, I have just started re-reading this series, something that I rarely do.

Just go get you started, Wishing Rock is part of an island in the Pacific Northwest.   The main character is Ruby, a young woman who has just broken up with her fiancee.  She moves to the island to make a change and everyone on the island lives in the same building.  The books are about the interactions of the residents of this building.

The book starts out with Ruby texting her grandmother, who is planning a trip to Ireland and maybe looking for a young guy.  In that text, Ruby texts that someone in the building has left her a mac and cheese casserole and she is wondering who would do that and if it was poisoned.  She texts her dad about the poisoning, he does not see the text until later and then wonders if she is still alive. 

I am not doing a good job of explaining, but I will say that I never seem to forget these books.  If you can get the first one for free, I would encourage you to at least download it and see if it appeals to you.

@SXMGirl

Thanks!  I appreciate the review.  I don't remember very many books I've read after awhile, so when them sticking in your mind must mean they good!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin