Super Contributor

William Kent Krueger's latest. . .

I just finished "Lightning Strike" by William Kent Krueger.  It is his 18th novel in the Cork O'Connor series. . .Very quickly, this book takes the reader back to the summer 1963, when Cork was 12 years old and growing up in Aurora, Minnesota.  His dad, Liam O'Connor, an Irish Chicago transplant, is the local sheriff.  His mother, a woman of native Indian decent, has ties to the area reservation and several characters from the earlier novels.  Of course there's several mysteries, lots of northern color and the heartbreak of life's lessons.  I really enjoyed this peek into the past, even though it seemed to be written out of sequence with the other books.  I'm already looking forward to the 19th Cork O'Connor installment, in 2022!  

Respected Contributor

Re: William Kent Krueger's latest. . .

@lork I have only read 3 of the Cork O'Conner series, but I really like it.

#4 Blood Hollow is my next read.

Esteemed Contributor

I've enjoyed all of William Kent Krueger's books. His prose is lovely. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

William Kent Krueger is one of my favorite authors.  Loved his book This Tender Land and Ordinary Grace is one of my all time favorites.  Will be reading Lightning Strike soon.  He's very good with coming of age stories.

Trusted Contributor

I wrote about Lightning Strike in the September book thread.  I loved the book and I love this whole series.  The characters are so great and the setting is wonderful.

I once asked my best friend who lives in St. Paul, MN if she had read books by this author.  She said, "Oh, yes!  He's been to my book club.  Twice!"  Wouldn't that be great?!

Esteemed Contributor

@lork I have at least 100 People ahead of me at the library!

Trusted Contributor

I'm currently reading my way through this series. For many years, I had heard of this author but hadn't read any of his books but since I started reading them, I've been enjoying the books! I found myself quickly reading them 1 after another 1 that I told myself to take a few breaks so I didn't finish the series so quickly. William Kent Krueger does a great job describing his characters and the world they live in.