Respected Contributor

I prefer to look at newest posts first; that's how I've set things up on these forums.

But the Book Club posts don't line up that way: I'm always directed to somewhere in the middle, and I have to click "page 1" to get the newest remarks.

Why does this happen?

Honored Contributor

I think when we comment on a post, it takes us to the last place we were on that post. Or the last thing posted, so you can go on from there.  That's what I seem to notice.

Honored Contributor

With me, even if I have not previously viewed the thread, it will take me to the middle of it. Doesn't matter if I set it up to give me the newest first. I had never seen this thread so it takes me to the middle of it?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

With me, even if I have not previously viewed the thread, it will take me to the middle of it. Doesn't matter if I set it up to give me the newest first. I had never seen this thread so it takes me to the middle of it?

Same here.  If I'm not signed in it always takes me to the middle -- in this case, on the monthly thread, all month long it has taken me to a post of yours, Jud.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Same here.  If I'm not signed in it always takes me to the middle -- in this case, on the monthly thread, all month long it has taken me to a post of yours, Jud.

It probably knows we're friends? lol

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I prefer to look at newest posts first; that's how I've set things up on these forums.

But the Book Club posts don't line up that way: I'm always directed to somewhere in the middle, and I have to click "page 1" to get the newest remarks.

Why does this happen?

@insomniac2- I have no idea of the workings of this entire QVC board. I'm just so happy we have this thread going, and I don't really care at what part of the thread I'm directed to. I'm always signed in so that may have something to do with the variations.

It's not a big deal to click a few times to get where I have to go. It's not like digging ditches  Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: Why does this happen?

[ Edited ]

Sunala, I know it's not difficult--I just wondered why it only happens on the book forum.

(Note: it seems to have been remedied, and I appreciate that!)

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Sunala, I know it's not difficult--I just wondered why it only happens on the book forum.

(Note: it seems to have been remedied, and I appreciate that!)

For me, what you described has happened on other forums as well.