Honored Contributor

Re: Why did Shakespeare write with ink?

@Malcontent,

lol! aw thanks, I'd be honored to sound like a crazy Italian.😅 I'm half Scotts/Irish so I think we'd get along

just great🥰

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

My dad was born in Scotland: the Highlands. Came to the U.S. when he was a wee one. I have his coloring: blonde (now grey) hair and blue (now bloodshot) eyes.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

In case you might be interested: Check out Julie Fowlis. She’s Scot / Gaelic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxmD4cPDmQc

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent,

Oh I just did and that is so beautiful!

I'd never heard of her so thank you so much. I love it. I'll have to tell my sister about her. My sister plays the dulcimer. Julie's instrument reminds me of that. I know she'll love her music too!

Oh wow she sang Into the Open Air in Brave!

I listened to "A Ghaoil, Leig Dhachaigh Gum.."It's a beautiful language isn't it?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

She recorded a few soundtracks for Disney/Pixar movies.

I hope you and your sister enjoy her. If not, just forget I even mentioned her. lol

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent,

Oh we will enjoy her so much! We both listen to Celtic Women and The Chieftains. I loved listening to Julie so really thank you! 

I'm going to have to get one of her cds.

I actually still have a cd player-not "Alexa" who does not understand me I've discovered when at my kids or when I house and cat sitted for my neighbors! 

I think when I go to bed I'll listen to her sing this same song again.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

Buona notte.

Sweet dreams.