Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1  I get my books off ebay or my kindle because the library is a

far drive for me, so no I don't presently have a library card.  Never heard of those apps, but I will look into it.  Thank you for the info.

Regular Contributor

Based on what I read on these boards, I read this book a few weeks ago.  Thank you to everyone who recommended it.  The first few chapters left me wondering "why am I reading this" but I stuck with it and WOW.  Just lent it to a friend who had the same reaction.  One of my favorites

Respected Contributor

It's a book to be savored.

Super Contributor

I also listened to this on Overdrive.  I enjoyed it

Respected Contributor

@yellowroseIt's worth it to get a library card. I love both apps. I read books & listen to tons of audible books on them.

I swore that I wouldn't quit reading paper books, but it is sooooo easy to have the next book that I want to read or listen to at any time of the night or day.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 & everyone who loved this book,

I PTB the first time because I had a hard time reading the accents but because it's so beloved I picked it back up and am so glad I did.  Beautiful book. 

Here's a link to a short. interesting interview with Delia Owens about the book -- which she spent ten years writing:

[The link goes only to Amazon's Daily Book Digest and not to where they sell so it's okay to post here and I've posted it before.]

https://www.amazonbookreview.com/post/4f7fcd55-eca6-4fe3-a170-cd1734e3446e/talking-to-delia-owens-au...

Honored Contributor

Saw the interview on CBS Sunday Morning with the author. So interesting - her first book and it took her years to write.it. Haven't been reading much lately but I put it on hold at my library which there was a long queue

Yes there were some struggles reading the accents - at times it was sad and slow going.

True to the saying if it doesn't break you, makes you stronger - beauty of the spirit shines through

Love the book

Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE.......I finished the book yesterday.  What an ending!  I really enjoyed it and flew through it.  I get all my books, hardcover, from Amazon. 

@ Ko, this is kind of sad, but mostly riveting.  That's just my opinion, but I could see where some would find it sad.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@yellowroseIt's worth it to get a library card. I love both apps. I read books & listen to tons of audible books on them.

I swore that I wouldn't quit reading paper books, but it is sooooo easy to have the next book that I want to read or listen to at any time of the night or day.

@Dusty1 I did it.  Got a library card today. I've actually been wanting to get into E books for a while, but whenever I go to town I have so many errands

to do that I just never took the time to stop at the library.  Well, you convinced me the extra stop was worth it.  My library has Overdrive and Libby.  Now I just need to figure it all out.  The first book I will be looking for is Crawdads.  Thanks again for the info and the little nudge I needed.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I got an email last night from my library saying the e book of it was ready to load to my Kindle.   I started it and will keep reading.   So far, there is way too much detail on a number of things:   bog, marsh, first boat drive, etc but I just speed read that and keep going.

I do like it so far.