Respected Contributor

Hated it. Only read 3/4 and end. Most people loved it.

Esteemed Contributor

Great book, I think Reese Witherspoon got the rights to and is going to make a movie. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Patriot,

Please let me know if the plot is sad; there's enough sadness taking place in Philly's neighborhoods with children unattended and virtually unloved...I do what I can to help - and it leaves little room for more depression if you know what I mean...

if the plot is sad I can't - my heart just cant....so let me know at some point if this is a story of beauty and love as opposed to desolate sadness...ok?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby.  I think the book is both, but mostly beauty of the spirit. I liked the book.

Respected Contributor

I really liked it. It was different. A very interesting story.

Respected Contributor

@yellowroseCan you get the Overdrive app? You need a library card, but you can borrow books (regular & audio), cds & movies.

Hoopla & Overdrive are my 2 favorite apps in the world.

I read Crawdads on my Overdrive app.

Contributor

One of my favorite books.  Loved the plot and the characters.

Honored Contributor

Fantastic book, flew right through it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Fantastic book, flew right through it.

@beckyb1012- Thanks! I'm going to give it one more try. I started it (or tried to) twice, and hardly got into it when I decided I was bored.

I think it was my frame of mind. I'm going to try once again. I don't think the ebook waiting list is that long anymore. Plus, so many people loved it.

Thanks for your positive remarks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'm reading it right now. Early days but I just love that sweet little pea Kya. I would say, and this is just a guess, that if you don't like it straightaway, you won't like this book. One thing I hate-the going back and forth from the past to the present. But I'm hooked now so there's no "turning" back Woman Happy