Honored Contributor

When you go to the library, a book sale of any kind, or whatever...

what books do you head for first? Mine use to be cookbooks and sometimes it still is.  I like the bio's and mostly non-fiction. That's my choices I head for, the rest can then be checked on.

Trusted Contributor

Re: When you go to the library, a book sale of any kind, or whatever...

Good post.

I would head for true crime, then fiction and non fiction about the amish.

I just donated all my cookbooks. I hate to cook but for some reason had some.

Wish I would have known, I would have given them to you..lol

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably cookbooks and crafting...

Honored Contributor

Books on decorating.  They're too expensive to buy new, but you can sometimes get beautiful ones for a song at library sales, etc.

I don't read as much fiction as i used to, although will pick up good detective fiction, like anything by Sue Grafton.  Also love current events, history and biographies...

Honored Contributor

Cookbooks

Honored Contributor

Mysteries!

Especially the ones set in England with the charming settings and the only mention of the murder is pretty much that it happened-no gruesome descriptionsSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

The only time I go to the library is for research - so I usually head for the microfilm.

Otherwise for sales, I'll browse through everything.  You never know what you'll find!   At Barnes & Noble ... the magazine rack is my first stop.

Generally ... the only place I buy books is Amazon ... and if Kindle version is available, that's what I buy.  Almost always non-fiction.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never buy books anymore.  I am downsizing books now, not adding to.  I get all mine at our wonderful library.  I like to read physiological thrillers, police detective, also soft crime like Lisa Scottoline and Sue Grafton, but also more exciting ones like Lee Child.  Books with a historical background such as Rhys Bowen and Barbara Taylor Bradford, political thrillers.  Courtroom drama like Robert Tannebaum.  Or memoirs, autobiographies.  Don't like romances unless you consider Danielle Steel or Nora Roberts books as romances.  Right now I have 14 books on loan from the library - love to read and I read fast.  If I had to buy books, I would have spent a fortune!

Respected Contributor

I'm interested in fiction, biographies, and books on music.

Trusted Contributor

Fiction, usually. I used to love cookbooks, but I don't use them at all any more, except for a few recipes I go back to. I find & keep all my recipes on my computer now.