Honored Contributor

Re: What was your VERY Favorite Book of 2019?

@Lilysmom wrote:

@LoriLori , just requested Himself.  Thanks!  LM

Lilysmom, hope you love it as I did!  Happy New Year and have a wonderful year in your beautiful part of this world...

Did I mention a little birdie that admires you and your garden told me to go to the garden forum and look at your photos?  Gorgeous!  What a magical place you've created!  The snow on the statues looks so beautiful.  I'll keep checking.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori , Happy New Year!  Yes, we enjoy the garden in all seasons.  LM

Respected Contributor

The Red Coat by Dolley Carlson

The Real Arthur Truluv

Esteemed Contributor

Without a doubt I can say that my favorite book read of 2019 was "The Power of the Dog". by Don Winslow. This book is not for the faint of heart. It's a fictionalize story of the very real Mexican Drug Cartel. As a reader, I experienced every emotion that you could possibly think of and then some.

Excellent book!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@lork @sunala 

Great, another book/series (Cork O'Connor) to add to my already too long TBR list. 

Definitely too many books and not enough time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

@Lilysmom  I never remember what I read this year vs last year, either.  I have to go to Goodreads to look it up.  Sometimes I even have to look up how many stars I gave a book.  

@smoky22 , I don't even record what I have read on Goodreads.  I will have to start doing that especially since I am so bad with titles.  

I have a book on Winston Churchill's wife (Clementine is her name I think) that I have a suspicion I have read already.  Good thing I source most of my books from the library...

I would take a stab in the dark and say Stephen King's Duma Key or The Outsider would be in my top ten list.  LM

@Lilysmom @smoky22 

That's the only way that I can keep track of books that I have read. Thank you Goodreads. 

Super Contributor

The Death of Mrs. Westaway and The Secret Keeper.  Both fiction

Valued Contributor