Respected Contributor

Re: What attracted you to the book you are . . .

Most books I've read lately were for a book club I was in. Right now I'm reading, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer and Barrows. A friend suggested it to my Duplicate Bridge partner and brought it to give her. Before she could, my partner died so she gave me the book. It's written as letters to and from various people and is about life during and after WWII in England, mostly. It's not what I usually read, I prefer non-fiction, from Revolution to present. I am enjoying this book, tho!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@rustee wrote:

. . . venturing through at the present time?

Girl Before by P.J. Delaney

The hype and the author's intent to make an unusual house that monitors the tenant's every move a character in his psychological thriller.

I am reading this one now, it is very good, and different. I was attracted to it after reading several good reviews about it on this web site.....I am about 1/4 through it and will finish it in no time, it moves quickly and defintiely keeps your interest!!! 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently read a children's eBook about Milton Bradley.

He's known for the games he invented (Game of Life, etc). He grew up and ran his company in a neighboring community in the 1800s and early 1900s.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥