Honored Contributor

Re: ~What are you Reading? SEPTEMBER 2019~

@Catty2 wrote:

I just finished The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen.  A group of old college friends receive an invitation for an all expense paid week at a luxury villa in Jamaica.  It's to celebrate the 35th birthday of one of the friends.  Three of the women come with their spouses, one comes alone.  That reason will come out eventually.  Hours on a private beach, gourmet dinners and late nights of drinking kick off the week for the women and their husbands.  While a hurricane is expected to hit the island, personal turmoil swirls inside the villa.  I enjoyed this book and would recommend it. 

@Catty2 . I loved this book too. Would highly recommend as well.!

Honored Contributor

I finished A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell, and I really enjoyed it. It was so good, and it kept you going. An excellent read for anyone who loves thrillers........I think I am going to try to finish As Far As I Could Tell now, I started it and couldn't really get into it, but am going to try again!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Springtide Sunset by Kydd Burns.  This is a romance novella  set in Deishu (Haines), Alaska, and the author is someone who I know.  Romance is not a genre that I have read since I was a teen, but I think that I am now too old for them.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Today I finished Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand.  This was a very good book!  It is the story of a family at their summer home on Nantucket during the summer of 1969.  The main characters are the matriarch, her daughter (whose husband comes on weekends), and their three daughters.  Each has a story that includes secrets, conflicts, and love.  

I have read other books by this author and found them to be a little too "literary" for me.  This one seemed different in tone; lighter perhaps, and yet insightful.  It's hard for me to think of a book set 40 years ago as historical fiction, but I guess it is!  Those were my glory days, so I enjoyed the time period references.  I have never been to Nantucket and found the setting interesting.  

I highly recommend this book.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~What are you Reading? OCTOBER 2019~

[ Edited ]

Well, guess what? It's now officially October, and the days are getting shorter, but there will be more time to snuggle with a great book.

Please check out our October book discussions.

This thread is closed!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett