Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~What are you Reading? SEPTEMBER 2019~

@Snooky60 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

I'm a retired college librarian. This is my favorite topic.  I just finished The Protectors by Jolynn Angelini. This is her first novel. It's a thriller. Loved it, loved it. Chapters are short and there is an interesting ending. 

I'm really looking forward to being part of QVC blogs and forums. 

@Snooky60 

Welcome to the book Forum. I may be biased but I believe this to be the best forum out of the many available on QVC's board.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snooky60 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

I'm a retired college librarian. This is my favorite topic.  I just finished The Protectors by Jolynn Angelini. This is her first novel. It's a thriller. Loved it, loved it. Chapters are short and there is an interesting ending. 

hi @Snooky60  and welcome to our Book Club! Please look around and check out all the books we've been reading, whether we like or dislike them. Thanks for your contribution, and I will certainly check out The Protectors. It sounds interesting!

Please come back often. We're always here Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Snooky60 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

@Snooky60 

Welcome to the book Forum. I may be biased but I believe this to be the best forum out of the many available on QVC's board.

@icezeus  - I agree. We rock!

Esteemed Contributor

I started reading Redemption, the latest Amos Decker book by John Grisham. I'm well into it and enjoying it lots. I love this series, although I wasn't nuts about the last one. So far this one is holding up well. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@sunala   minkbunny is messaging you on the book club thread.

Honored Contributor

Rogue Lawyer. John Grisham 

Trusted Contributor

I read The Tower, The Zoo And The Tortoise by Julia Stuart. It was a small quirky book about love, loss and refinding love. It's about a Beefeater who is in charge of the queen's menagerie at the Tower of London. It was sometimes sad and sometimes funny and also gave some interesting pieces of information about The Tower of London.

I also read The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished Miss Julia Takes The Wheel by Ann B. Ross, I enjoyed it.  Very colorful characters as the story line kept my interest! 

Next up My Sister The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite, wll post when I finish!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline- @minkbunny?  Wow that's a name out of the past. Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

hi @Judaline - thanks for letting me know but I can't find her post. Is it in the September thread or maybe in August? I can't find it here. Thanks xox