Honored Contributor

Re: ~What are you Reading? SEPTEMBER 2019~

@texassunflower wrote:

I have placed a hold for The Mother In Law since the book was highly recommended on this forum. While I am waiting, I thought I would try another book by Sally Hepworth. I chose The Things We Keep. The book is about two young people that have early onset dementia and are placed in a  residential care place facility. They meet and fall in love but family intervenes and tries to keep them apart. As their disease progresses, they can't remember each other's names just know they belong together and find comfort in each other's company. The night nurse and cook override family's objections and let the couple see each other. The book was well written but a very depressing subject matter. I wouldn't recommend this book. I will try another book of hers and make a decision about this author. There is a loooong waiting period for The Mother In Law.

I am reading one of her books called THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR, It is really good, a thriller and it is well written-it is my 1st book by this author! I plan also to read THE MOTHER IN LAW.... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pateacher wrote:

I just started The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth.

I am almost finished with this book. I am enjoying it!@pateacher

Esteemed Contributor

@number one queen wrote:

@icezeus  Wow I am so sorry you didn’t like the ESCAPE  ROOM, I loved it.! Jane Harpers book is really good too. I have to say I gave both books 5 stars. Happy reading I I am reading THE  PERFECT WIFE , interesting to say the least!

@number one queen 

I started Jane Harpers Force of Nature book last night. I am really enjoying it so far. 

Respected Contributor

OUTFOX  Sandra Brown

THINGS YOU SAVE IN A FIRE  Katherine Center

A KEEPER  Graham Norton

THE CHAIN  Adrian McKinty

HERE AND NOW  Haylen Beck

THE WOLF WANTS IN  Laura McHugh

THE PARIS PHOTO  Jane Gabin

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am on a roll with psychological crime thrillers!  This one will keep you hooked.  Finally a couple reads that has reinstated my faith in these crime trillers that are not stupid.  Loved  THE CHAIN which was based on actual events & now this one; THIRTEEN!  

B19AC705-24B4-4166-8457-6AF8CF25FB23.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This morning I finished reading One Good Deed by David Baldacci.  It's a good story and he does a good job recreating the culture and dialogue of the late 1940s in the USA.  I have read about a half dozen of Baldacci's books over the years.  I appreciate the fact that even though he portrays some rough characters, he keeps the language clean.  He is also an excellent storyteller. He and his wife support literacy efforts across America; kudos to them.

Respected Contributor

I finished A Dangerous Man by Robert Crais.  Overall I enjoyed it but it's not one of his best.  If I had started the series with this one I'm not sure I'd be reading them. The minor quibble is there are too many bad guys.  And they are given way too much "air time" at the expense of not enough Cole and Pike.  The major quibble is the portrayal of two twenty something females that act like giggling, texting 15 year olds.  Hope the next one is better.       

Honored Contributor

I finished THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR, it was really good, it started off a little slow for me, but picked up and ended up being a good book. I will definitely read The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth.

I am now reading THEN SHE WAS GONE, by Lisa Jewell.......It has very high ratings on Goodreads!

Respected Contributor

I just finished reading, Her Father's House , by Belva Plain. It was an enjoyable read. I had never heard of her, but I will look for more of her books since I see that she has written quite a few of them.

Valued Contributor

Almost finished "Ellie and the Harp Maker" by Hazel Prior. Lyrical, magical love story with two quirky main characters who seem destined for each other.