Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~What are you Reading? SEPTEMBER 2019~

@smoky22 , today is the anniversary of my sister’s passing.  It’s ten years, so hard for me to believe.  Some times I wonder if it is harder on those who deal with it than the patients who have it.  I don’t know the answer to that.  My sister didn’t know me at the end.  I think I was just a nice visitor to her.  I am so thankful she was in a good safe place for the last year of her life.

I think there are some promising research results for this awful disease.  I pray that this is true.  Thanks for reaching out❤️.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus  I had the opposite thoughts on this book, I loved it!  I could not read it fast enough I would rate it very high!  I guess we have our preferences which we should all respect!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@icezeus  I had the opposite thoughts on this book, I loved it!  I could not read it fast enough I would rate it very high!  I guess we have our preferences which we should all respect!

@CareBears 

I want you to know that I honestly did not realized that my review came after your glowing one. (smile)

Yes, we all have different views on books and they should definitely be respected. In the end we are all readers and we love the journey or sometimes not that books take us on. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I loved the The Library Book.  I remember that fire as I was living in So Cal when it happened.  It was a beautiful building.  I have recommended that book to many people.

Valued Contributor

@icezeus  Wow I am so sorry you didn’t like the ESCAPE  ROOM, I loved it.! Jane Harpers book is really good too. I have to say I gave both books 5 stars. Happy reading I I am reading THE  PERFECT WIFE , interesting to say the least!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne  Something about LA came up during our late lunch today and I shared the true story of The Library Book with my family today. My son was fascinated and asked a lot of questions about the fire. But it is my 12 1/2 year old grandson wants to read it before I return it to the library!

How often does a teenager read something recommended by his grandmother? As luck would have it, the book was in my car to be returned to my branch library on the way home today. Instead, I gave it to him to read this week! Major Gram points made today. LOL

Bertram Goodhue designed, along with Lee Lawrie's sculptures in and on the Nebraska's State Capitol, prior to working on the LA Central Library. It's such a major coup the building was saved! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I finished listening to Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center.  This was a nice romance, not sugary sweet.  A harmless read that I enjoyed.

Since I was on vacation last week, that means I also had time to READ a few books:

The Chain  by Adrian McKinty. I guess the concept was interesting, but it was a little more generically written when compared to a few other books I recently listened to.  

A Better Man by Louise Penny.  As someone else mentioned, it’s always nice to go back to Three Pines... that I often don’t care about the actual storyline!  Don’t want to comment too much about it as I know it’s a popular series; I will say that it’s always a little difficult to separate the Three Pines characters with Gamache’s police work, but I think it was done well enough here.

Super Contributor

Just finished "Cemetery Road" by Greg Iles.  Don't remember reading any of his books before, but will be looking for more of them.  It was very good (and very long - over 500 pages) and enjoyed it very much.  Good characters, interesting story.

Valued Contributor

I just started The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth.

Honored Contributor

Tidelands, by Philippa Gregory;

Forever, Interrupted, by Taylor Jenkins Reid;

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."