Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~What are you Reading? August 2018 ~~

I am 100 pages into a book by Tami Hoag entitled A Thin Dark Line.  I am 100 pages into the 500 page book.  I usually love Tami Hoag and have turned to her when I just can't seem to find a good book.  This time, I just not that into it.  I don't love the characters or the storyline.  It is rated 4 out of 5 on Goodreads.  I will stick with it a bit longer.  LM

Valued Contributor

Martha’s Vineyard, Isle of Dreams by Susan Branch. A ‘feel good’ book that takes me back to my childhood in so many ways....💖

Respected Contributor

I read Siddhartha (Herman Hesse), about one man's journey to find enlightenment.  It's on the PBS list of 100 Favorite Books.  Another book I had not previously read.  It won't be my favorite book ever, but I really liked it.       

Esteemed Contributor

I finished reading The Lost Family by Jenna Blum. I liked it until the last third of the book, and then it turned into a Young Adult book and it fizzled. I was reallly disappointed with the ending, as the first 2/3 of the book was very good. I gave it 3 stars.

Then I pulled the bookmark on Solitude Creek by Jeffery Deaver. I wish I would have known it was the third book of a series. I don't read series unless I start from the first book. It's kind of like walking in at the middle of a movie; not interested.

Now I'm reading Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake. So far it's pretty good but very much like so many other female buddy books I've read. We'll see about this one. I hate when I can't find a book I can just fall into.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I read Siddhartha  a long time ago and liked it. That's one I would recommend. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

For all you Beatriz Williams fans, don’t let your summer go by w/o reading SUMMER WIVES.  An awesome book but of course, I love everything she writes!  I posted in the July thread regarding this book.    

1C797764-F004-4281-A5F1-2B190BC71183.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Whoever suggested The Echo Killing? I'm enjoying it very much (after I got into it). I just read that it's going to be a series. If you find out the name of the next one please let me know so I can tell my library.

Esteemed Contributor

I just started The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen. The small community of Newport Cove has been listed as one of the safest in the U.S. The novel is about the lives and friendships of the people who live there. But it's also a community of secrets which are about to be exposed when a new family moves in. 

This is the first book I'm reading by this author, and it's very interesting. I want to find out exactly what is going on. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The River House, by Carla Neggers;

Have You Met Nora, by Nicole Blades.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I just started The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen. The small community of Newport Cove has been listed as one of the safest in the U.S. The novel is about the lives and friendships of the people who live there. But it's also a community of secrets which are about to be exposed when a new family moves in. 

This is the first book I'm reading by this author, and it's very interesting. I want to find out exactly what is going on. 

@teganslaw. I read that one, it is very good. I am reading another book by Sarah Pekkanen right now! I like her writing.