Honored Contributor

Re: What are you Reading? April 2019

@icezeus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I finished ALL THE BEAUTIFUL LIES, it was really good! Great ending. I am now starting THE CHOICE, by Nicholas Sparks.

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I was going to check out "The Choice" on Goodreads to see what it was about. When I looked it up  I recognized the picture of the man and the woman on the cover. I saw the movie last year sometime, and I really enjoyed it. 

@icezeus . It is really good so far!

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
„The Last Mrs Parrish“ just kept getting more and more intriguing. Grabbed me from beginning.

@Twins Mom . Loved this book!

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
„The Last Mrs Parrish“ just kept getting more and more intriguing. Grabbed me from beginning.

Was my favorite read for 2018 and have recommended it to so many @Twins Mom.  Reese Witherspoon as it on her top 9 books of the year for 2018 as well.   What a page turner.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

While I am waiting for several books that will be out next week, I am currently reading the Stoneybrook Mysteries by Eryn Scott.  These are cute and easy reading.  If you can preserves, there are recipes in the back of each book since the main character, Hadley, has homemade preserves as her business.  I don't do canning, so I have no idea how these taste, but the recipes look good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich, .who is one of my favorite writers. 

She is Native American and all of her novels feature Native Americans, most living on reservations.  Some, like this one, involve a crime; and I don't know if this one does but some crimes involve jurisdictional issues between Native and nonreservation law enforcement.  She's a gifted, award-winning writer.   I admire her life and her work.

My TBR pile is so full of great books I had a hard time deciding which to read and until I landed on this one I was thinking of posting a poll so readers here could choose what I read next.  I may still do that after this one!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished reading Lost Roses by Martha Hall Relly, it is a book that I did not like in the beginning but glad I continued to read, as it ended up being good.  We moved over the weekend but I still managed to get in some reading time, after the last few books I have read I need some light reading,  so I have chosen The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory so far I am enjoying it

Honored Contributor

When We Were Young, by Karen Kingsbury.

Mercy she is a Grandmother now.  Time marches on for us all.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Dark Sacred Night.  Michael Connelly.

Respected Contributor

I read Freefall (Jessica Barry) about a woman who survives a plane crash and has some very bad people after her.  I would say it was extremely average.  I got a kick out of the reviews that said it was wildly thrilling.  No.  It wasn't.  

Then I read Watching You (Lisa Jewell), an interesting tale of a small town where everyone has secrets.  I enjoyed all the complex characters and the way the author layered the story.  I did not see the end coming, which is always a pleasant surprise for me.  It was logical and satisfying.  This is the 2nd book I've read by Lisa Jewell and I'm impressed with how she makes you care about her characters.  

Respected Contributor

I just started Daisy Jones & The Six (Taylor Jenkins Reid).