Respected Contributor

Re: What are you Reading? April 2019

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET 

In what way do you tihnk The Paper Wasp strange?  I've already pre-ordered it but your comment has me curious!  The Wonder Garden is full of eccentrics and I loved that 

Did you read my review yet?  Just curious. 

I forgot to go there but the link was in my email.  I love the convenience!  I read yours and five others and they sounded like six different books LOL so I asked a question and hopefully that will tell me what I need to know.  Thanks! 

BTW I registered to win 30 books one day and guess how many I won?  LOL.

On GR?  Did they all close on the same day? I can't find that many books closing on the same day that I'm interested in.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET    Not on the same day.  Maybe a three-week period?  And there are a handful still open but I know how this story ends LOL.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET    Not on the same day.  Maybe a three-week period?  And there are a handful still open but I know how this story ends LOL.

That makes more sense now.  I don't have books closing daily and I don't win that often.  I go through spurts like everyone else.  Keep on trying!

Honored Contributor

I finished THE NEXT PERSON YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, it was so good, and it was just what I needed after reading thriller after thriller......I am now reading-yes you guessed it another thriller called THE PERFECT NANNY, by Leila Slimani....

Respected Contributor

I just finished All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding.  It is a fast paced psychological thriller. It is about internet dating, serial killer, and relationships.  It is very good. It kept my attention the whole time.  I am not sure how I feel about the ending, though.

Frequent Contributor

Tana French--the Dublin Murder Series.  I love it so much that I had to go back and reread Faithful Place after I became acquainted with Frank Mackey in Likeness.

Regular Contributor

I finished:

99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne - this one was just not working for me. The storyline needed more backstory and it was just a little scattered. It should have been better since the trope (girl in love with brother's best friend) is a favorite of mine, but nope--

Mine After Dark by Marie Force - This is the 19th book in the Gansett Island series. You have to read these in order for them to make sense since ALL of the characters make appearances in every novel. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the best addition to the series.

Now I am reading:
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

and

Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas

Trusted Contributor

Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson

Esteemed Contributor

The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine. Very good book; I'm eager to find out what happens to Amber. She is a piece of work.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And Furthermore - Judi Dench

One of my fave actresses... Smiley Very Happy