Honored Contributor

Re: What are you Reading? April 2019

@teganslaw wrote:

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena. A lodge in the Catskills seems like a good place for a weekend retreat. However, guests are stranded when an ice storm knocks out electricity, they lose cell phone service and roads are closed. Then people are being killed off. 

This book is a fast paced thriller. The characters are interesting-everyone seems to have a secret- and the mood is tense. I've read half, and it keeps one guessing. Remind me not to visit a lodge in the Catskills anytime soon.

@teganslaw . I just finished this one a little while ago, and I really enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

Finished The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora.  It was a strange one.  Gave it 3 stars though.

Onto an author I know well, Naomi Ragen.  An Unorthodox Match is the title and I can't wait to read it.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET 

In what way do you tihnk The Paper Wasp strange?  I've already pre-ordered it but your comment has me curious!  The Wonder Garden is full of eccentrics and I loved that 

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET 

In what way do you tihnk The Paper Wasp strange?  I've already pre-ordered it but your comment has me curious!  The Wonder Garden is full of eccentrics and I loved that 

Did you read my review yet?  Just curious. 

Valued Contributor

BLOOD ORANGE,by Harriet Tyce, gave it 3 1/ 2 stars,, more sex than mystery,unlikable characters, and a plot that was predictable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET 

Did you read my review yet?  Just curious. 

I forgot to go there but the link was in my email.  I love the convenience!  I read yours and five others and they sounded like six different books LOL so I asked a question and hopefully that will tell me what I need to know.  Thanks! 

BTW I registered to win 30 books one day and guess how many I won?  LOL.

Honored Contributor

So there's more than one book named The Paper Wasp on Goodreads.  More and more I'm noticing two, even three books with the same title.  I don't understand why, if anyone can explain it or even theorize, thanks.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

So there's more than one book named The Paper Wasp on Goodreads.  More and more I'm noticing two, even three books with the same title.  I don't understand why, if anyone can explain it or even theorize, thanks.

Interesting.  It's an unusual title and I'm surprised.  I'm still trying to figure out how that title relates to the one I just finished.  Usually I can figure these things out but not this one.  I read a lot of reviews on Goodreads and I still don't know how it relates.

Honored Contributor

I'm reading my first Joe Pickett (Endangered-not in order I know). I like it a lot, but, is it me or is Joe not exactly Mr. Personality? I mean, he like speaks one sentence at a time which kind of underwhelms me. I guess I like a hero to be a little more of a man of action. But I've got about 1/4 of the book to go and maybe he'll surprise me? Just wondering what you fans like about him. (I do like the plot and the fast moving pages!)

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Interesting.  It's an unusual title and I'm surprised.  I'm still trying to figure out how that title relates to the one I just finished.  Usually I can figure these things out but not this one.  I read a lot of reviews on Goodreads and I still don't know how it relates.

I was wrong.  There are FIVE books named Paper Wasp, with and without the The.  Some are self-published but not all.  And like I said, I've been noticing it on Amazon lately, sometimes with books that have sold well.  It's not like there's a word shortage LOL.  I don't get it.