Respected Contributor

Re: What are you Reading? April 2019

Just finished LOST ROSES by Martha Hall Kelly & for all you LILAC GIRLS fans, I cannot imagine no one loving this book.  I won’t post any particulars due to potentially spoiler issues but I LOVED this book!  Keep on writing Martha!!

4B742D18-0FA9-43A4-8B88-21CC13C11979.jpeg

Contributor

I loved Lilac Girls and am excited to read this one. Lilac Girls was so well-written that it is hard to believe is was Martha Hall Kelly's debut novel.

Respected Contributor

I read A Conspiracy in Belgravia, the 2nd in the Lady Sherlock series (Sherry Thomas).  I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as the first one.  I love the character, though.  It ended on a cliffhanger so I'm anxious to read the next one.   

Respected Contributor

I just started The Silent Patient (Alex Michaelides).

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

Becoming Michelle Obama.

Just finished it.  Overall, I liked it, but felt she went into so much detail about some of the jobs she held while in Chicago.  I was more interested in more detail about life in the White House. 

Honored Contributor

I’m just starting “The Library Book” by Susan Orlean.  

in 1986, there was a major fire in the main building of the Los Angeles Public Library.  Most people outside the area of the fire, never heard about it, because the Chernobyl Crisis was going on at the same time. 

Respected Contributor

"All The Living", by C.E.Morgan

A young couple live on a tobacco farm, and how their relationship develops or doesn't :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I just started The Silent Patient (Alex Michaelides).

I just finished that one...pretty good.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena. A lodge in the Catskills seems like a good place for a weekend retreat. However, guests are stranded when an ice storm knocks out electricity, they lose cell phone service and roads are closed. Then people are being killed off. 

This book is a fast paced thriller. The characters are interesting-everyone seems to have a secret- and the mood is tense. I've read half, and it keeps one guessing. Remind me not to visit a lodge in the Catskills anytime soon.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I finished LIE TO ME, it was very good, but I didn't care for the very last paragraph of the book......I am now reading THE NEXT PERSON YOU MEET IN HEAVEN....I needed something different from all of the thrillers that I have been reading lately......So far this book is very intriguing, it is a short book so I am sure I will finish it quickly........