Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? May 2019

@Alter Ego 

I loved the diaper stuff, it was so slapstick.  (I don't have kids either and I was never good at changing them so I related.).  The carrying things, dropping them, putting them together again, etc. etc. entertained me.

Aand some of the ways he talked about the son behaving reminded me of Stewie Griffin who makes me laugh.  

And his talk of food made me laugh.  That sandwich he talks so much about, there are versions of it on his Instagram (which is mostly photos of food LOL) and it's as weird and icky as it sounds..  

And it was cool learning abou his wife, how he met her and her traits that are in Parvenah.  

Spoiler
And then suddenly in this breezy book he's talking about being shot.  That really threw me..  I'm glad he's feeling better and wrote "Anxious People" and channeled that horrible thing for laughs.
Respected Contributor

Finished Midnight At The Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber.  Good Southern ficiton in a small town in Alabama.

Going to read Amy Mason Doan's Summer Hours next.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Tom Turner's Palm Beach Bedlam (A Charlie Crawford Mystery, Book 8).  If you are looking for a very good mystery based in Palm Beach, Florida, this might be the one for you.  I really enjoy these books.  The detectives are Charlie Crawford, a former NYC homocide detective, and Mort Ott, a former Ohio homocide detective.  Good dialogue and great characters.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego  what's the name of your next book (and author) that takes place in 1920's Colonial India?  I'm thinking it's the second book in a series and I read the first but don't remember the name or the author. lol. 

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori 

I also read Who Moved the Cheese years ago when our Company was in the process of downsizing.  It was recommended we read it because they wanted us to get used to the idea of change.  I did find it to be an interestering book.

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 It’s the 2nd Perveen Mistry book - The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey. So far, I like it.

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego  That's what I was thinking of.  I checked and my library doesn't have it yet.  I'll have to request it.  Thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Storyteller’s Secret.  It was a good read.  Thanks for the recommendation.  LM

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop , thank you for these suggestions. I read at night to relax before going to sleep and am always on the lookout for light but interesting reading. I've put this writer on my want list. 

Respected Contributor

I'm new to this topic but am always needing recommendations for some good reads. I just finished "The Secret of Clouds" by Alyson Richman and was so sad when I finished it. I'll be reading more of hers. It's mainly about a teacher and one of her students and just a lovely read. I'm nearing the end of "The Beach House" by Mary Alice Monroe about a daughter who comes home after a long time gone. I think I'm going to be sad to end this one, too. I appreciate all the suggestions I see here.