Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? May 2019

Just finished The Huntress by Kate Quinn...author of The Alice Network.  I LOVED this book and did not want it to end.  Great historical fiction about WWII.

Started The Gown by Jennifer Robson this morning and it looks like a great read also!!!

Trusted Contributor

"Confessions of a Prayer Slacker"  by Diane Moody.

Needed an easy book to read while on a road trip (No, I wasn't driving. Smiley Happy)

I wasn't sure if it would keep my interest, but it was a freebie so figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out, I really liked it.  I loved Diane's humor, but she also made some comments

that will stick with me.  

Respected Contributor

I read The Department of Sensitive Crimes, the first in a new series by Alexander McCall Smith.  I especially enjoyed one of the cases that was mostly a comedy of errors.  And there is the usual Alexander McCall Smith gentle philosophy and thoughtfulness on everyday things.

Now I'm re-reading The Crossing Places, in preparation for Elly Griffiths new book, The Stone Circle

Honored Contributor

Put Stephen King in the corner while I read

Frederik Backman's Things My Son Needs to Know About the World

which was published yesterday.  It's funny, it's tender, I'm going to gift it to every new parent from now on and you don't have to be a parent.  The review I read compared it to stand-up only stand-up doesn't have love and heart and sweetness like this book of short musings does.

Trusted Contributor

Just finished Fredrick Backman’s, “Beartown”.

Honored Contributor

Just finished her Daughter's Mother, I won it through Goodreads, it is out for sale June 2019. It was fantastic, a solid 5 stars.....An excellent thriller.....Pick it up if you get a chance, it was really really good! Next up is THE LYING GAME, by Ruth Ware.......

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@teganslaw , thanks for the recommendation.  I have read that and agree it’s a good one!  Maybe I will look for something else by him!  LM

@Lilysmom . His other books are really good, but not as good as The Kind Worth Killing......I read recently a really good one called, I let You Go, by Clare Mackinstosh-very good.........The Ending was a real shocker.....

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

I am reading My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing.

All I can say is WOW!  Not sure how I feel about this one; it is totally different from anything else I have read.  Very creepy!

@pateacher . I can't wait to read this one!!!!!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

Just finished Fredrick Backman’s, “Beartown”.

I'm sure you know this but just in case, there's a book two the name of which is Us Against You.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Just finished her Daughter's Mother, I won it through Goodreads, it is out for sale June 2019. It was fantastic, a solid 5 stars.....An excellent thriller.....Pick it up if you get a chance, it was really really good! Next up is THE LYING GAME, by Ruth Ware.......

Is that by Patti Callahan Henry?  If so, I won mine through Gooreads too and thought the book was good but there was no happiness.  I thought the whole book was sad!