Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

@icezeus , sorry you didn't like The Last Anniversary.  I loved it.  I owe you one.

Honored Contributor

I'm still reading David Grann's collected magazine essays, The Devil and Sherlock Holmes, and it's great (I've skipped two) but some of them are heavy so I just need a little breaky.

So I'm reading Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, I'm smiling and I'm loving it.  Just what I need!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'm still reading David Grann's collected magazine essays, The Devil and Sherlock Holmes, and it's great (I've skipped two) but some of them are heavy so I just need a little breaky.

So I'm reading Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, I'm smiling and I'm loving it.  Just what I need!

@LoriLori  I loved The Graveyard Book!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished "BLACK AND BLUE" by David Rosenfelt, and it was very good.  This is the third book in his Doug Brock series, and it is much better than the first two books.  Two characters from his other series, Andy Carpenter and his friend Pete the cop make cameo appearances in the book as well, which was nice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought Becoming Michelle Obama.  A good friend suggested it.  She thought it was very good.  I am also reading The Outlander series.  Into Book 2, Dragonfly in Amber.  The books are so much better than the TV series, which I do enjoy also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I just bought Becoming Michelle Obama.  A good friend suggested it.  She thought it was very good.  I am also reading The Outlander series.  Into Book 2, Dragonfly in Amber.  The books are so much better than the TV series, which I do enjoy also.

@Catch71 

I have heard nothing but good thing about the book Becoming. i am going to work it into my rotation sometime in April, so that I can see what everyone is talking about. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I just finished "BLACK AND BLUE" by David Rosenfelt, and it was very good.  This is the third book in his Doug Brock series, and it is much better than the first two books.  Two characters from his other series, Andy Carpenter and his friend Pete the cop make cameo appearances in the book as well, which was nice.

Next up is "THE HUNTRESS" by Kate Quinn.

@dawg lover 

I looked up Black and Blue on my fovorite website Goodreads,  and to my dismay it's part of a series. (smile)  I am incapable of reading books out of order so I have now added the first book, Blackout onto my never ending TBR list. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus - I love David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series, so that is why I decided to try his new Doug Brock series.  The first book, Blackout, was okay.  The second book, Fade to Black, was better.  The third book, Black and Blue was very good.  It looks like he has found his footing with this new series at last.  But, I still like his Andy Carpenter books better.  I am like you, I always read books in order.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dawg lover wrote:

@icezeus - I love David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series, so that is why I decided to try his new Doug Brock series.  The first book, Blackout, was okay.  The second book, Fade to Black, was better.  The third book, Black and Blue was very good.  It looks like he has found his footing with this new series at last.  But, I still like his Andy Carpenter books better.  I am like you, I always read books in order.

@dawg lover 

Note to self. Do not give up on the series because the first book sucks!! LOL

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori  I loved The Graveyard Book!

@LoriLori & @smoky22   I enjoyed the Graveyard Book, too.