Valued Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

@CANDLEQUEEN  I really enjoyed TEAR ME Apart, by J.T.Ellison, glad I read your post. .Very descriptiive, I could literally feel the snow and wind coming down the mountain! Enjoyed this book.

Respected Contributor

I'm reading Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg.  I got it from the library a few months ago but it was due back before I was finished, so now I have it checked out again and will definitely finish it.  It's very good and I've read most of her books.  She's one of my favorite authors. 

Regular Contributor

I have been in a romance mood this week. I read two books in the Making Series by Lila Rose (I got this recommendation from Bookstagram): Making Changes and Making Sense. I also finished Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren. It's Spring Break in my world and I have a lot of reading time!

Respected Contributor

The latest buzz is this book, SUPERMARKET.  A friend recommended it & I just picked it up at my local Barnes & Noble.  I will report back on this one. To quote “ who knew you could find sex, drugs, and murder all in aisle nine.”...

ECE130E8-34EB-4475-8ECC-FE7B2F78CAD6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Reading I Found You by Lisa Jewel.  A page turner.  LM

Contributor

I just finished Lilac Girls- going to read Te tattoo artist next.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Reading I Found You by Lisa Jewel.  A page turner.  LM

@Lilysmom  I thought it was a really good story and I enjoyed reading it.  Did you finish it?

Respected Contributor

I just finished The Vanishing Box, the 4th in the Elly Griffiths Magic Men series.  It was pretty good (still no Ruth Galloway).  Now I'm going to start another Elly Griffiths, The Stranger Diaries.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished two of Kathryn Meyer Griffith's Spookie Town Mysteries, Ghosts Beneath Us and Witches Among Us.

Ghosts Beneath Us was good and had a scary premise.  A large government facility was being represented by a company to find a large plot of land for a secret facility.  There was a need for many acres, and the two people hired to get contracts on homes were murdering those who refused to sell.  All of the people were seniors who had no or few living relatives.  

Witches Among Us  needed a good proofreader, because some of the things in this book were different from the first three.  It was an ok book, but not great.  Also, quite unbelieveable in parts.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just finished two of Kathryn Meyer Griffith's Spookie Town Mysteries, Ghosts Beneath Us and Witches Among Us.

Ghosts Beneath Us was good and had a scary premise.  A large government facility was being represented by a company to find a large plot of land for a secret facility.  There was a need for many acres, and the two people hired to get contracts on homes were murdering those who refused to sell.  All of the people were seniors who had no or few living relatives.  

Witches Among Us  needed a good proofreader, because some of the things in this book were different from the first three.  It was an ok book, but not great.  Also, quite unbelieveable in parts.

@SXMGirl  not sure about the books, but I really enjoyed your review!