Valued Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

CARELESS  LOVE, by Peter Robinson, enjoyed the book, although the first part was a bit dry and had me going in circles. The second part got into the meat of the book . I wonder if  this book is also a started for a  longtime  character in a few books past to make more of this character in a central way..  The book offers many song titles which I enjoy listening to too.Subject matter had a bit of a twist to it. Never want to say much as I hate to know much about a book plot, spoils it for me!

Respected Contributor

@number one queen 

Peter Robinson now has 25 books in his Inspector Alan Banks series.  I have read all 25, including the one you just read.  He is very knowledgeable in music, literature and the arts and adds those references to his stories.  #1 in the series is Gallows View. #2 is A Dedicated Man...you can find the series and track down the order at a site like Barnes & Noble.  Your local library may have them.  Not sure about ebooks.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@icezeus Finished An Unwanted Guest! I am now starting I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, by Alice Feeney.......

@CANDLEQUEEN @CareBears 

I was wondering if you had finished it. I did not care much for the ending. I felt very unsatisfied,  too many issues were left open. When I finish a book I like closure. 

@icezeus .I agree. I thought the ending was rushed as well, but I did really enjoy the book........

Respected Contributor

THE WEDDING GUEST  Jonathan Kellerman

THE SILENT PATIENT  Alex Michaelides

A PLACE FOR US  Fatima Farheen Mirza

A MATTER OF CHANCE  Julie Maloney

WHISPER ME THIS  Kerry Ann King

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

The House Girl by Tara Conklin is my latest read.  I thought it was well done, but I have a question for our avid readers.  In this book and in many I have read recently, the author uses a device that switches narrators and switches back and forth between centuries or decades.  I'm starting to not like that device.  Maybe I'm feeling that way because I'm getting the idea that this style is over-used.  Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Just that I hate it and have decided to have a good look inside the book that I'm choosing.

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the book but I just saw the trailer on Where'd you go, Bernadette. I can only say, no thanks! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm about 200 pages into The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova.  So far very good.  I read and enjoyed her previous two books (The Historian and The Swan Thieves) so I expect I'll love this one too.

Trusted Contributor

I read Rise The Dark by Michael Koryta. It was a book about a man who is a PI going after the man who he believes is responsible for the murder of his wife. There was a previous book with the same main character but I don't think it really hurts to have read the books out of order. This is the second book I have read by this author and I plan on reading more. He writes what I call a semi-thriller with a tiny supernatural twist. I enjoy his books.

After that I read Valentine Murder by Leslie Meier, one in a series of Lucy Stone books. These are always a good quick read.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Valued Contributor

@maximillian  Hi, yes I know, I have read all his books in order too, glad to have a fellow reader who loves his books. Don’t you wonder if he is setting up with a new book  with what Zelda has found?

Valued Contributor

@maximillian Have you read her new book THE ROMANTICS, it is a beautiful book, loved this book!