Respected Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

@LoriLori  I'm reading The Paragon Hotel and it's definitely not a feel good book.  I needed something to switch to so I'm also reading the Rick Wilson book.  As you said, he's very witty and the book is so smartly articulated.  I'm really enjoying it.  He doesn't hold back.  I prefer it to all the other books I've read on the subject.  And I love that he didn't make himself out to be a boy scout (which he isn't). 

Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@dawg lover I look forward to your comments on The Stranger Diaries as that is one of my preorders. Will take a while for me to get to it/finish as it’s an Audible.

@Alter Ego  - Okay, I will read that one first and let you know!

To those who recommended "THE LAST MRS. PARRISH" - WOW!  What a great thriller!  I could not put it down.

Honored Contributor

@bubbiem wrote:
Greetings readers. Stuck at home tonight with a sick hubby. I’m reading Where’d you go Bernadette. And for my book group we’re plowing through the PBS top 100 books that none of us have read. For March it’s the Curious incident of the dog in the night time. Happy reading 📖

@bubbiem   Just FYI, since these are two books I read and the latter is one of my 41 favorite books, and in case you haven't heard:

The film of Where'd You Go, Bernadette? will be released this year with a great cast, including Cate Blanchett as Bernadette and Kristin Wiig as Audrey.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime was made into a stage play in London.  The part of Christopher is always played by someone on the spectrum.

As for the PBS list, many of us found it kind of random and lacking.  There are other top 100 lists out there that are better but whichever you read, enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Oh, and @bubbiem , sorry your husband is sick.

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover  I'm interested in your review of The Stranger Diaries too.  I'm on waitlist for it.  I thought it didn't officially come out until March 4th.   

Esteemed Contributor

The Sc###wtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. (I don't know if forum rules would allow the exact name.) 

It's a witty, offbeat novel where a demon writes letters to his nephew, Wormwood, on how to influence people. and turn against the adversary (which is God.) It shows clever insight into society and people's thoughts and values. Gives new meaning to the old term "The devil made me do it." 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished Almost Home by Valerie Fraser Luesse.  A sweet Southern book. 

Onto Judy Higgins Bride of the Wind, a mystery.  Haven't read one for a while.  

Respected Contributor

I just finished Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts.  I learned about it from this board.  Thank you for whoever recommended it. It is a fast, highly enjoyable, and suspenceful read!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

“The Boy”, by Tami Hoag.

Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Hi my reading friends,

Happy MARCH 2019. I hope you've read some wonderful books so far this year. Let's share them.

Welcome to all the new members of our group, and happy

happy reading to all!

I truly appreciate all the great suggestions provided here! Thanks for getting us started each month! I am reading Love and Ruin by Paula McClain but finding it a bit slow. I just put a request to my library for The Last Mrs. Parrish as I am in the mood for a good thriller! Happy March reading to all!