Esteemed Contributor

What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

[ Edited ]

Hi my reading friends,

Happy MARCH 2019. I hope you've read some wonderful books so far this year. Let's share them.

Welcome to all the new members of our group, and happy

happy reading to all!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? MARCH 2019

@sunala , happy March and many thanks for keeping us going each month. LM

Trusted Contributor

i read somewhere that it was the anniversary of the book The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, so i read it. it was pretty sad. now i’m reading A Wrinkle In Time. beats me why i never read it when i was a child, but i sure am enjoying it now! 

Esteemed Contributor

Starting off March with The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. The book starts off slow: the artist who paints Dorian's portrait and his friend have long conversations about society, how they know Dorian, the subject's background, etc. The reader gets to know all about Dorian and why he goes to such lengths to stay young. It's written in flowery language, but I'm used to that style of writing by other authors I've read. I'm finding the story interesting. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Starting off March with The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. The book starts off slow: the artist who paints Dorian's portrait and his friend have long conversations about society, how they know Dorian, the subject's background, etc. The reader gets to know all about Dorian and why he goes to such lengths to stay young. It's written in flowery language, but I'm used to that style of writing by other authors I've read. I'm finding the story interesting. 

Just cut to the chase and watch the movie! It was fab.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Race to Save the Romanovs. Interesting history about the political football this family of 7 became. They were related to all the monarchs of Europe who squabbled while the family waited to be murdered.  It's not as simple as that because WW1 was going on then but still shameful.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just started The King of Lies by John Hart.  About 60 pages in.  About a dysfunctional family and the way they mask their dysfunction to the public.  Goodreads rates it 3.88 out of 5.  LM

Finished it.  Good book 3.5/5.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Inn At Holiday Bay:  Boxes in the Basement by Kathi Daley.   The is a new series with the main character, Abby, moving to Maine after the death of her husband and son.  She buys a run-down mansion, sight unseen, and is determined to get a new start in life.  This was an easy and enjoyable read.

I am now starting the second book, The Inn At Holiday Bay:  Letters in the Library.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

A98BC67D-E04C-4B3C-905D-B406157F9519.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I finally finished The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. I say "finally" not because it took me a long time to read it, but because it sat on my TBR for so long before I read it!  It was a great read and I am looking forward to following it up with The Huntress before long.  

I also read Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer. It is a Christian romance novel that a friend recommended. I plan to visit with her soon, so I thought I would read it and return it to her. :-)