Respected Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? January 2020

Now I'm reading Final Girls by Riley Sager.  As much as I liked his other book, Lock Every Door, I'm not really feeling it for this one.  I'll keep going, it's easy reading.  I'm just not that invested in the plot so far (90 pages in).     

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished No Judgements by Meg Cabot,  I really enjoyed this book!  Being the animal lover that I am of course this touched my heart, but this book was so much more, I am really glad I read this book!

Not sure what I will read next, but as always will post when I finish!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished two books.  The first, Scandal in Skibbereen, by Sheila Connolly is book two of the Maura Donovan series.  Maura inherits an Irish pub in Leap, Ireland, and the mystery is about paintings that were done hundreds of years before and in the home of a landowner.  Very good book.

The second is a cozy mystery, and I am doing a reading challenge with a FB group.  The book, Murder in Cherry Hills by Paige Sleuth, is more of a novella and not the type of book that I normally read.  It was ok and a very quick read. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Today I finished reading The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena.  Anne and Marco Conti seem to have it all - a loving relationship, a wonderful home and their beautiful baby, Cora.  One night their baby is kidnapped and the suspense, lies and twists begin.    I enjoyed this book very much.  This is the first book of hers that I've read and I'm always happy to find a new author that I like. 

Super Contributor

Tristan Strong punches a hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbala.  (middle grade mythology)

The Gustav Sonata by Rose Tremaine.  (WW2 historical Fiction)

Trusted Contributor

I just started "Holly Banks Full Of Angst" and I'm enjoying it so far.
Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 , I have The Final Girls up next.

Currently reading The Fallen by David Baldacci.  A little more than 100 pages in.  So far so good.  LM

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

I'm reading one of my favorite authors to start the new year, Michael Connelly.  The book is The Wrong Side of Goodbye.  I'm almost to the end of the Bosch series but I have the Bosch/Ballard series to look forward to. 

@smoky22 

I love the Bosch/Ballard series. I just finished "The Night Fire" a few weeks ago which was the third book in that series. 

I finished The Wrong Side of Goodbye and it was the absolute best in the series for me. It had everything, two great plots and a logical resolution.  It even made me tear up a bit at the end.  Who would think a Harry Bosch book could do that.

@icezeus thanks for the positive recommendation on his new series.  It's always good to know someone else likes it.

I must say I don't like the new series at all. I like straight Harry Bosch-no woman involved. It's just me I think.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@smoky22 , I have The Final Girls up next.

Currently reading The Fallen by David Baldacci.  A little more than 100 pages in.  So far so good.  LM

@Lilysmom  I finished Final Girls and I'm really curious what you'll think of it.  I'm sure I'm in the minority again, lol.

I read The Fallen and gave it four stars.  I thought this one was better than the last couple in the Memory Man series.

Respected Contributor

Just finished Christina McDonald's Behind Every Lie.  Much better than The Night Olivia Fell which I couldn't finish.

Going to read Samantha Downing's He Started It.  Another psychological fiction.  All of a sudden I'm into these types of books.