Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? January 2020

@CareBears wrote:

@dmod nj   She has a new book showcasing her beach series, out in March, I have already requested the library to order it, so far I have been lucky, and they have ordered all of her books!

Hi @CareBears  Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the info! I appreciate you sharing it. 

So far, my library system does not have any of her books. But,  I'm not the only one who inquired about them ordering them. Fingers crossed! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@number one queen wrote:

I finished FINAL GIRLS, By Riley  Sager, loved the book! Not for the faint of  heart,great characters.  He has a new book coming in June.

@RetRN  please read this one and we'll discuss it over coffee. One reviewer said to take it slow from chapter 38 because things get confusing and you might have to explain who dun it.

Trusted Contributor

My most recent reads were:

"THE STRANGER" by Harlan Coben - a very good thriller, which is has been made into a mini-series for Netflix, starting on January 30th.

"A SKELETON IN THE FAMILY" by Leigh Perry (a nom-de-plume of mystery author Toni L. P. Kelner) - a cute cozy mystery.  I liked it well enough to order the second one in the series from the library.  A funny, wise-cracking skeleton who lives in the attic, helps the heroine solve crimes.

@Judaline - I finally got around to reading Blind Search by Paula Munier.  I thought it was so-so, and I agree, there were a lot of characters to keep track of.  I still don't know who was marrried to whom!  I think I will pass on future books in the series.

Honored Contributor

The life she wants by Robyn Carr.

Good book to read by pool -- quick read.  It's similar to the scenario of Bernie Maddof.  Anyway, it's easy read and has happy ending!  I started yesterday and finished it today.

Tomorrow I'll start the other by her Virgin River.

I enjoy reading at the pool sitting on the side where the seating area is ...keeps me busy while enjoying beautiful weather (86 today ☀️☀️

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 , there is a series Virgin River I just started to watch.  About a nurse coming to work in the community.  FYI.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj Our library only orders her new books when I ask them to, and they do, they are contanly checked out!  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Respected Contributor

HER MOTHER'S GRAVE  Lisa Regan

THE WOMAN IN THE PARK  Sorkin and Holmqvist

BAD MEMORY  Lisa Gray

THE OTHER DAUGHTER  Shalini Boland

RECIPE FOR A PERFECT WIFE  Karma Brown

Honored Contributor

I just finished TWO BY TWO by Nicholas Sparks, loved it! It was so good! I am now trying to finish I , Michael Bennett, and then next up is The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom 

thank you I'm enjoying these books.

homedecor1

Respected Contributor

I finally finished eggshells.  Would love to know if anyone else has read it and what they thought.   The main character makes Elinore Oliphant look normal.

I also finished Summer of 1969....enjoyed it.