Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2019

sk888888: you mentioned that you're stil basking in the Eagles Superbowl win last year, so I take it you're an Eagles fan.

Nick Foles book Believe it is very good.. He writes about his journey in the NFL and mentions the road to the Superbowl. He tells how he overcame adversity and how he uses it to better himself. One doesn't have to be an Eagles fan to read the book (I enjoyed it and am a Colts fan), Highly recommended for everyone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

99 percent mine, by Sally Thorne;

The inbetween days, by Eva Woods;

The changeling, by Victor LaValle.

@beckyb1012 . Is The Changeling based off of the movie with Angelina Jolie
?

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

99 percent mine, by Sally Thorne;

The inbetween days, by Eva Woods;

The changeling, by Victor LaValle.

@beckyb1012 . Is The Changeling based off of the movie with Angelina Jolie
?

No I do not believe so @CANDLEQUEEN .  I never saw her movie but if it is anything like The Changeling that George C. Scott did decades ago then no.  I finished yesterday and walked away having enjoyed it and not figuring out the end is always a bonus.  Not a predictable book, but I was very confused with the ending of "how was that possible"?  I need to find someone to explain the ending so let me know if you read it.  Did you ever read or see IT by Stephen King?  Felt the same way about that ending as well.  How was that possible?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished Harbour Street (Ann Cleeves) and really enjoyed it. This one was back to interesting characters and a good mystery.  I love Vera Stanhope, even though she is such a mess.  I'm sure she must be toned down for the UK Television  version.  I Hope it comes to PBS or BBC America someday.  Only two more left in this series.

Respected Contributor

Now I'm reading The Closers (Michael Connelly) the next in the Harry Bosch series (for me).  This is only about half way through. I have his newest Ballard/Bosch book on hold.  Not sure if I should read it now though.

Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

sk888888: you mentioned that you're stil basking in the Eagles Superbowl win last year, so I take it you're an Eagles fan.

Nick Foles book Believe it is very good.. He writes about his journey in the NFL and mentions the road to the Superbowl. He tells how he overcame adversity and how he uses it to better himself. One doesn't have to be an Eagles fan to read the book (I enjoyed it and am a Colts fan), Highly recommended for everyone. 

@teganslaw , I am on the waiting list for Nick!s book from the library, and Doug’s book also, Birds of Pray. I also read Zach Berman’s book, Underdogs, which I really enjoyed as well.

Honored Contributor

It's happening. All of my holds at the library are starting to come in. One by one. I knew it yet I kept requesting more-BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE!! I can't stop. Maybe I'll give up reading here for Lent-give me time to catch up.

Honored Contributor

A Defense Of Honor, by Kristi Ann Hunter;

I Owe You One, by Sophie Kinsella.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Just finished my first Mary Kay Andrews book Sunset Beach.  A cute cozy mystery and women's fiction rolled up in one.

Onto Almost Home by Valerie Fraser Luesse, a win from Bookishfirst. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Boy by Tami Hoag.  It was better than my last few reads.  I never guessed the ending.  Thanks to whoever recommended it,  LM