Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2019

I just finished reading The perfect Daughter, by Diane Chamberlain I cannot even begin to explain how much I loved this book, I literally had trouble putting it down.  So many tense moments I kept finding myself telling myself to read faster so I could find out what was next, I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads. excellent book, I recommend it, it deals with Time Travel but it not a Sci Fi book, just beautifully written!

Up next The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman a friend of mine suggested I read it, saying she knew I would enjoy it.  Do I remember what it is about, NOPE, but as always I will post my review when I finish!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished reading The perfect Daughter, by Diane Chamberlain I cannot even begin to explain how much I loved this book, I literally had trouble putting it down.  So many tense moments I kept finding myself telling myself to read faster so I could find out what was next, I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads. excellent book, I recommend it, it deals with Time Travel but it not a Sci Fi book, just beautifully written!

It was an excellent read @CareBears  I loved it too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Up next The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman a friend of mine suggested I read it, saying she knew I would enjoy it.  Do I remember what it is about, NOPE, but as always I will post my review when I finish!

@CareBears ,  I can't find a book with that title by that author. Did you mean The Dream Daughter? Or is the author's name incorrect?  Please supply publication date and ISBN so I can find the same book. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears ,  I can't find a book with that title by that author. Did you mean The Dream Daughter? Or is the author's name incorrect?  Please supply publication date and ISBN so I can find the same book. Thanks.

@nomless I think you are correct on the name.  I read that way back the week it came out in Oct. and forgot the correct title.  I love Diane's work.  Dream Daughter it is.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @beckyb1012 !

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless  It was the Dream Daughter, I am so sorry, last time I post at night, LOL!  Again I apologize!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears ,I read Shelter in Place and actually enjoyed it. 

I was on hold for Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks and HAD to finish Shelter first!

Every Breath is good and reminiscent of Bridges of Madison County in spots.

Trusted Contributor

Am reading now The Huntress by Kate Quinn.  I am almost done with it and it is a very good read.  Just started it two days ago and cannot tear myself away from it!

Respected Contributor

I'm reading Seeds of Revenge by Wendy Tyson.  It's her third book in a series of mysteries that take place in a small town in PA.  I like the characters and the stories are good. 

Esteemed Contributor

This February thread is now closed. Please see the new March 2019 thread for more book reviews and comments.

Happy Reading!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett