Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2017

[ Edited ]

@rustee wrote:

enjoyed listening to Before the Fall by Hawley

very much

started listening to
Say No More by Hank Phillippi Ryan
(latest in the Jane Ryland series/Boston reporter/a hit & run/murder of a Hollywood screenwriter/date-rape issue/library CDs)

I'm glad you liked Before the Fall. That's on my list, but my list has so many books that I have no idea when I'll get to it.

Honored Contributor

Just Finished THE HUSBAND'S SECRET-loved it! I am now reading PRIVATE BERLIN by James Patterson. I love his Private series.....

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently reading "What Alice Forgot", written by Liane Moriarty, I am about 3/4 of the way through and I just started yesterday, very good book IMO, I enjoy Liane as an author!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I am currently reading "What Alice Forgot", written by Liane Moriarty, I am about 3/4 of the way through and I just started yesterday, very good book IMO, I enjoy Liane as an author!

Hi Carebears,

This is on my list as I just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity, so I now want to read all of her books...It must be good, you have a read a lot already!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I am having a hard time putting it down, I should have it finished later today, I really enjoy Liane Moriarty as an author, I have read most of her books but I found a couple this morning at the libraries web site that I had not read yet, so they went on my wish list!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I just started 1984, by George Orwell. I read it in high school but thought it was time to read it again.

@ChynnaBlue,  love that it's #1 on Amazon in classic and also in contemporary literature, and in satire, political literature and science fiction.  Brilliant book. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I just started 1984, by George Orwell. I read it in high school but thought it was time to read it again.

@ChynnaBlue,  love that it's #1 on Amazon in classic and also in contemporary literature, and in satire, political literature and science fiction.  Brilliant book. 

@LoriLori & @ChynnaBlue

In December, I listened to It Can't Happen Here by Lewis.  Brave New World by Huxley has also become a bestseller!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Just finished Jack & Jill by James Patterson & before that had read Cat & Mouse. I should have read them in reverse order but both were very good!!

Regular Contributor

I have read so many of hers also & they are very good!

Respected Contributor

I read The Lion in the Living Room (How House Cats Tamed us and Took Over The World) by Abigail Tucker.  It was not only tedious and uninteresting, the person who wrote it should never be allowed to own a cat.

Also read Pentecost Alley (Anne Perry) another in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series.  I love how she presents moral dilemmas and highlights the social injustices of the day.  I find her to be a very good writer.  I know she's repetitive but I'm always drawn into her plots.

That's more than I can say for 1st To Die (James Patterson), which is a dumb, paint by numbers, serial killer, lazy, type of writing. I've read almost 200 pages and I'm ready to give up on this series. I might skim to the end.

Thankfully, I now have Thereby Hangs a Tail, another in the Chet and Bernie series.