Trusted Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? APRIL 2017

@smoky22 - Something must have happened with the upcoming Robert Crais book, because now it is coming out on December 26th, rather than June 6th.  Boooo!  I corrected my previous post.  Sorry to get the hopes up of all the Crais fans out there.

Esteemed Contributor

@number one queen wrote:

I have just finished BEHIND HER EYES, by Sarah Pinborough, wow what a WTF ending! The writing is so good it keeps you on a roller coaster. I haven't seen people's reviews here so will not say anything, but am sure looking forward to reading some of them. I am still reading some other blogs about this book.

@number one queen, I read this too and thought it was good as well.  I read almost exclusively on an ereader.  I was bad at remembering titles before but now I am really bad!  I had to go back and see the storyline to remind myself.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@number one queen I hope the people who are ahead of me in line at the library read fast so I can get this book, LOL!  I know @Candle Queen just started this so will be anxious to see what her review is also!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm enjoying my cozies. Wish I were a faster reader...there are so many I want to read.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover 

@smoky2016 - Something must have happened with the upcoming Robert Crais book, because now it is coming out on December 26th, rather than June 6th.  Boooo!  I corrected my previous post.  Sorry to get the hopes up of all the Crais fans out there.

Aha! So it was you! I have been looking and waiting. My library hasn't gotten it so that I could be first in line. I wonder what the problem is with the new publication date. Is is Wanted or The Wanted

The new Stephanie Plum used to come out in June and I think now it's around Thanksgiving. Anybody know? 

Super Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@dawg lover 

@smoky22 - Something must have happened with the upcoming Robert Crais book, because now it is coming out on December 26th, rather than June 6th.  Boooo!  I corrected my previous post.  Sorry to get the hopes up of all the Crais fans out there.

Aha! So it was you! I have been looking and waiting. My library hasn't gotten it so that I could be first in line. I wonder what the problem is with the new publication date. Is is Wanted or The Wanted

The new Stephanie Plum used to come out in June and I think now it's around Thanksgiving. Anybody know? 

@Judaline@ & @dawg lover

A James Patterson series book I was looking forward to hearing was slated to appear early this year but won't be published until early 2018, now.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Trusted Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@dawg lover 

@Judaline@ & @dawg lover

A James Patterson series book I was looking forward to hearing was slated to appear early this year but won't be published until early 2018, now.

@mollybgood@Judaline@smoky22 - so sorry for the error!  I looked at Robert Crais' Facebook page to see if he said anything about why "THE WANTED" was delayed and I noticed a post in December 2016 that said he was in "Deadline Hell."  So, I guess he was struggling to complete the book on time and did not make the publisher's deadline.  Judaline, Janet Evanovich's new book, "HARDCORE 24" is coming out on November 21st.  And Molly, you must be talking about "NYPD RED 5" - I was disappointed when that was delayed, as well.

Valued Contributor

I thought I wrote about THE RIVER AT NIGHT, by Erica Ferencik, a new writer, excellent book about four women on an adventure in Maine ,and what happens to them, their feelings and actions . Don't want to say much. I also read THE SLEEPWALKIER, by Chris Bohjalian,thank you to whoever wrote about this book on this thread, I have now  found another writer to read! Deborah Crombie,writes English mystery,her latest book GARDEN OF LAMENTATIONS,I loved it one of her best .Scotland Yard detectives have separate investigations, that are intriguing and complicated,with personal conflicts as they are married.A great read!  I must say I love this thread I can find new  writers here on almost daily check!

Valued Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation of Deborah Crombie's mysteries.  Be sure to read them in the following order though, as there are continuing characters with their own storylines.

A SHARE IN DEATH

ALL SHALL BE WELL

LEAVE THE GRAVE GREEN

MOURN NOT YOUR DEAD

DREAMING OF THE BONES

KISSED A SAD GOODBYE

A FINER END

AND JUSTICE THERE IS NONE

NOW MAY YOU WEEP

IN A DARK HOUSE

WATER LIKE A STONE

WHERE MEMORIES LIE