Honored Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? APRIL 2017

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I have The Girl Before sitting right here as my next read, OH MY, Behind Closed Doors is so so so dark, @beckyb1012 I could not fully understand when you expressed you finally felt like you could breathe while reading the last 2 pages, I had an idea of what to expect but not anywhere near what I am actually reading.   I cannot turn the pages fast enough, I am only about 100 pages into it and MAN OH MAN!

It is a very dark story, and there were times when I had to put the book down for a bit, but it was good, and it moves along really well..The Girl Before is so good, very eary to get into and it moves along really well too.... 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I have The Girl Before sitting right here as my next read, OH MY, Behind Closed Doors is so so so dark, @beckyb1012 I could not fully understand when you expressed you finally felt like you could breathe while reading the last 2 pages, I had an idea of what to expect but not anywhere near what I am actually reading.   I cannot turn the pages fast enough, I am only about 100 pages into it and MAN OH MAN!

@CareBears I know!  I took it back to the library on a Sunday afternoon which is downtown and I work downtown just so the next in line could get the call to come pick-up. (did not even want to wait until Monday morning for the next patron's enjoyment).  I told my ladies at the library if this is her first book I cannot wait to see what we have for all the ones ahead of us.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 @CANDLEQUEEN I am on a reading break right now as it was just getting so dark I had to take a moment to compose myself, LOL!  Ihave her 2nd book on request, now I cannot wait to read that one too!

Back I go, at this rate I will probably finish yet today!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

It is a very dark story, and there were times when I had to put the book down for a bit, but it was good, and it moves along really well..The Girl Before is so good, very eary to get into and it moves along really well too.... 

I just placed both books on hold - but it may be a while before I get them. Thanks for the heads up.

@CANDLEQUEEN@CareBears@beckyb1012

Trusted Contributor

I just finished Mary Higgins Clark's new book, "ALL BY MYSELF, ALONE", and it was very good.  It reminded me a bit of an Agatha Christie book, with a murder taking place on a cruise ship, and a large cast of characters that may have done it.

My next reads are "MY ITALIAN BULLDOZER" by Alexander McCall Smith and "THE LAST CHANCE OLIVE RANCH" by Susan Wittig Albert (new China Bayles mystery).

Esteemed Contributor

I am about 100 pages into Lilac Girls.  I am traveling so I downloaded to my iPad.  Gotta say, don't like reading on the iPad.  Much prefer my ereader.

So far, so good.  Lm

Esteemed Contributor

I finished The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff. I really enjoyed it and recommend it highly, although it was a sad book.

After that, I pulled the bookmark on another book by Pam Jenoff, The Things We Cherished. I've read several of her books but this was the first one I just couldn't get into. I actually read 45% and finally I decided I'm wasting time.

I'm now reading The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian. I'm loving it a lot!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enjoyed
Prey by Linda Howard

Next up
In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear
(latest Maisie Dobbs novel/WWII declared ~ the series started

withWWI/OverDrive audiobook)

In This Grave Hour

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Valued Contributor

I am just starting "Idaho: a novel" by Emily Ruskovich. It's been getting a lot of good press here in my home state.  The writing is breathtaking--and compelling.

Related image

Honored Contributor

HOME BY HARLAN COBEN - latest book in the Myron Bolitar series. His last book in this series was 2011 which is a long time and I'm so enjoying this. He wrote 2 books for young adults based on Myron's nephew between 2011 and 2016. Of course, I'm selfish and hope he continues the adult series and drop the YA line. 5 years is a long time.

Of course his stand alone books are always good also. Can you tell I'm a big fan of his?