Trusted Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? APRIL 2017

Thanks @LoriLori.

On a side note-@LilysMom I think I saw some pictures of your gardens that you posted last year and I thought they were just beautiful. Would love to see some more this year.

@sunalajust received We Were the Lucky Ones also-don't know when I will get to read it but looking forward to it.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Super Contributor

I'm reading Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson.  I wanted to take part in the Read-a-thon today but I keep getting distracted.

Honored Contributor

@sunala  I just picked up We Were the Lucky Ones. Wow. It's long and the print is teeny. This will take a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@sunala  I just picked up We Were the Lucky Ones. Wow. It's long and the print is teeny. This will take a while.

@Judaline -  I have it on my Kindle so the size of the font won't bother me. However, if it's a very long book, I may have a problem with that, as I don't seem to have the patience anymore for long books. It seems like I am always checking how much more I have left to read. Here's hoping for the best for us both!

I hope you enjoy it! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman in anticipation of the series that starts tomorrow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Just finished Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg. Getting ready to start The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown.

Smilla took me a while to get into and was a bit complicated, but it was a good mystery. The ending was ambiguous though, which is always unsettling to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline That is what I initially thought also, but for me it went very fast as it was such a wonderful story of family!

Super Contributor

enjoyed listening to

Black Book by James Patterson

JP always provides me with an interesting "ride."

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Vamp, I agree about your assessment of Smila's Sense of Snow.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu, stop by the gardening forum.  I regularly post garden photos along with my gardening friends.  The month of April has been cold and windy.  The gardens are waking up now.  I have a visiting rabbit that is eating my Allium leaves.  I fenced off quite a bit and it seems to have stopped the incursions.  

I planted quite a few Canada 150 tulip bulbs for Canada's 150th birthday this July.  So far they have survived,  The rabbit hides under the juniper shrubs and comes out for a munch lol.  I send my Lab out to do a property check each morning.  The rabbit just laughs!!!  LM