Super Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? APRIL 2017

Finished Manitou Canyon by William Kent Krueger last week.  It was the 15th  book in the Cork OConnel series - they are always an intertaining read.  Thanks to all who have praised Krueger's work; he is an American gem!!!

Trusted Contributor

I just finished reading One Perfect Lie, a new book by Lisa Scottoline.  I thought it was very good.  I cannot write much about the plot without giving away some of the twists and turns that make the book so interesting. It grabbed me in the first chapter.  The entire book takes place in just a few days, so the action is compact.  There were a couple of places where I thought it was unrealistic, but overall it was a great book and I recommend it.

Super Contributor

Hey guys!

I had to pull the bookmark on my previous read, Heresy (S.J. Parris) because I got an email from my library telling me that my time would be up in 3 days and I was not quite half-way in. It was good, but I've been a little distracted, so I haven't been reading much. Oh well! 

I'm now reading Death On the Nile by my girl, Agatha Christie. I mean...I've seen the movie a few times, so I know what happens, but I wanted to read the book. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I finished listening to What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan.  A child disappears from his divorced mother while walking in the woods.  Is the mother to blame or is she being unfairly attacked by the press/court of public opinion?  

I have no idea how I selected this book - maybe the audible was on sale?  It was good, but I found the male narrator (playing the police officer in charge of the case) sometimes difficult to understand.  The female voice also used     very      long     dramatic     pauses.  It was a little slow, but I didn't guess who the guilty party was.  But, then again, maybe I also didn't think too hard about it?

Honored Contributor

The Dalai Lama's Cat by David Michie
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

enjoying

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

(psych thriller involving a distraught woman, a dead child and a

police investigation team/library CDs)

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Super Contributor

Wayward Pines by Blake Crouch.  I read his sci-fi Dark Matter & loved it so I hope I will like this one.

Respected Contributor

I finally finished Lincoln in the Bardo and was the most disappointed ever for a book with such glowing reviews.  It reads more like a play than a novel, and has too many uninteresting voices and too many quotes from outside sources.  It was just not for me.

I read My (not so) Perfect Life and really enjoyed it.  

I'm about 30% into The Second Mrs Hockaday (Susan Rivers) and really enjoying that, too.  

I also read Thursday's Children, my least favorite in the Frieda Klein series so far. But I immediately picked up the next one, Friday On My Mind.  

Trusted Contributor

@smoky22 - just wanted to let you know that the latest Nicci French book, "DARK SATURDAY" will be out July 11th and there will be a Sunday book too, in 2018.
Trusted Contributor

The Chilbury Ladies' Choir

Such a good book!