Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? March 2017

@CareBears  Great review. On my 'to read' list as of right now. We were the Lucky Ones.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

starting

Hollywood Daughter by Kate Alcott
(coming-of-age of a Hollywood publicist's daughter/tale

uses Ingrid Bergman's 1950's scandal as a focal point/

family and political upheaval/library CDs)

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

I finished Exit Strategy, the hit woman book by Kelley Armstrong, and thought it was just so-so.

Now I'm reading Smoke and Mirrors by Elly Griffiths, the 2nd in her Magic Men series.  It's no Ruth Galloway, but I'm enjoying it.

And I just obtained Waiting For Wednesday, the 3rd in the Frieda Klein series.  And also Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller.  

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I read and reviewed it on amazon back in 2014.  I think I did mention then on the forums that I read it.  I'm lucky I received an advanced copy of Beartown without even requesting it.   Hope it's as good as his other books.HeartHeartHeartSmiley WinkSmiley WinkSmiley Wink

Lovescats, I think it's because I didn't just mention it, I never shut up about it LOL and that's still true.  In case there's one person left on this forum who hasn't read "A Man Called Ove" -- get it now.  Read it.  Share it!

SO HOW DID YOU GET AN ADVANCE COPY OF BEARTOWN, you blessed creature?  And what is your address, city, state and town and any unusual turns or landmarks? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

I read and reviewed it on amazon back in 2014.  I think I did mention then on the forums that I read it.  I'm lucky I received an advanced copy of Beartown without even requesting it.   Hope it's as good as his other books.HeartHeartHeartSmiley WinkSmiley WinkSmiley Wink

Lovescats, I think it's because I didn't just mention it, I never shut up about it LOL and that's still true.  In case there's one person left on this forum who hasn't read "A Man Called Ove" -- get it now.  Read it.  Share it!

SO HOW DID YOU GET AN ADVANCE COPY OF BEARTOWN, you blessed creature?  And what is your address, city, state and town and any unusual turns or landmarks? 

@LoriLori

try netgalley.com it's free Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@lovescats, Ebooks.  I just can't with them.  Netgalley gives away so many, too, I wish I could.  Enjoy, lucky lady, and please post your review as soon as you finish! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been pulling bookmarks like crazy. Finally settled on Dream Lovers -the story of Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee. It's heavy reading, meaning it's going to take a long time to read it, but it had me from the get go. He was quite a character. Get this. My library has this but I just couldn't ''request'' it on their site, so I called. They said 'yes, it's a reference book and is at the main library for perusal. But you can't take it out.' I said, 'but it's not a reference book, it's a novel!' She said, 'nonetheless.' Did you ever?It's like it's sacred or something, which it isn't. So I had to go to the Abe bookstore and buy it. It's nice to have-goes along with my other favorite actors books on my bookshelf. Just color me curious.

Honored Contributor

The Widower's Tale, by Julia Glass;

If Not For You, by Debbie Macomber;

The Target, by David Baldacci

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I am now reading: DARKNESS & SHADOWS by Andrew E. Kaufman.......It is a great mystery and I am about 3/4 of the way through. It has held my interest and moves at a quick pace, so therefore a fast read......I ahve another one of his books to read also which is called The Lion, The Lamb,The Hunted. It also sounds very good!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, thanks for this recommendation.  Taking a trip shortly and need a good book to accompany me during the journey.  I like Kaufman so will check this one out.  LM