Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? March 2017

[ Edited ]

@JudalineThen I am going to have to check it out, I just really enjoyed that book!

I added "Big Stone Gap" to my Wish List, sounds like a book I will love, thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I am reading "THE BLACK BOOK" by James Patterson, a new stand-alone suspense novel.  While the book is good, it is one of those books that constantly goes back and forth in time.  I am not a fan of this plot device, finding it confusing and detrimental to the smooth flow of the novel.

Super Contributor

final book for March ~
Ryan's Place by Sherryl Woods
(#1, Devaney brothers series/abandoned by parents/separated from his brothers/owns an

Irish pub/library CDs)

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

I'm almost done with  "My Name is Lucy Barton" by Elizabeth Strout.  I didn't know what to expect because of different people's reactions here, especially @sunala -- but so far I love it.  Sadly I know people who have been through things like this. 

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears I loved The Bookshop on the Corner, too! I've read Little Beach Street Bakery by same author and enjoyed it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DukeBlueNan I have added the 2nd book "Little Beach Street Bakery" to my wish list!

Honored Contributor

I'm halfway through Truly Madly Guilty by Lianne Moriarty and this going back and forth from present day to a BBQ a few weeks ago - spit it out already. I'm not loving this one as her other books. I feel like I'm in an Seinfeld episode. This book is about nothing...

1/2 way which is 200 pages and it is dragging. This should be the meaty part of the book. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I'm halfway through Truly Madly Guilty by Lianne Moriarty and this going back and forth from present day to a BBQ a few weeks ago - spit it out already. I'm not loving this one as her other books. I feel like I'm in an Seinfeld episode. This book is about nothing...

1/2 way which is 200 pages and it is dragging. This should be the meaty part of the book. Thoughts?

Took me three times to start the book before I hunkered down and finished.  So glad I did.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@JudalineThen I am going to have to check it out, I just really enjoyed that book!

I added "Big Stone Gap" to my Wish List, sounds like a book I will love, thank you!

@CareBears There is a few regarding the Big Stone Gap and is a four book series if I remember correctly.  I follow Adriana Trigiani on twitter so I always know when her next book is out.  On hold right now for the next and none have disappointed me.  Google her and feel the joy of tons of reading ahead.  Family, Love, and FOOD

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

Took me three times to start the book before I hunkered down and finished.  So glad I did.

I've been reading or rather NOT reading this for the past 3 weeks and I'm only halfway through. I will need to be like you and plowed through.